Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
That's something worth appreciating in a world of fashion. I don't see anything wrong in that as well-dressed people indeed look attractive and handsome. Morever, it is easier to work when the dressing is proper as it doesn't interfere in the movements.

Of course there are two sides to an issue - one can have a uniform or a dress code which as yoi say brings in discipline in work places...I am all for it since there will not be another reason to get distracted.As t is very less work gets done in government offices so we will have to wait and see if it is going to increase efficinecy or is it just moral policing ...

That's right. Only time will tell if the efficiency increases or not. But I am sure it will at least increase the moral value. I think, a little bit of purpose will be solved.

Well i don't thing so.. Moral values comes from inside... If office dress sense is better it won't impact anything.. Those who are working properly are going to do it anyway and the one's looking for stuff of their interest ad going to find it.. so its our individual thought only... :) :)

The only thing that a dress code brings in a sense of discipline and uniformity which is essential in schools but now has to be extended to work place too...But behavioral changes are not to be expected since people dont change with dress ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

That's something worth appreciating in a world of fashion. I don't see anything wrong in that as well-dressed people indeed look attractive and handsome. Morever, it is easier to work when the dressing is proper as it doesn't interfere in the movements.

Of course there are two sides to an issue - one can have a uniform or a dress code which as yoi say brings in discipline in work places...I am all for it since there will not be another reason to get distracted.As t is very less work gets done in government offices so we will have to wait and see if it is going to increase efficinecy or is it just moral policing ...

That's right. Only time will tell if the efficiency increases or not. But I am sure it will at least increase the moral value. I think, a little bit of purpose will be solved.

Well i don't thing so.. Moral values comes from inside... If office dress sense is better it won't impact anything.. Those who are working properly are going to do it anyway and the one's looking for stuff of their interest ad going to find it.. so its our individual thought only... :) :)

The only thing that a dress code brings in a sense of discipline and uniformity which is essential in schools but now has to be extended to work place too...But behavioral changes are not to be expected since people dont change with dress ...

Actually dress code is not for changing some body's moral character. This is for uniformity and decorum especially when public contact is significant. If you visit a govt office for your work, you will be displeased to see the employees in undesirable dress or bad appearance. All male employees should besides proper dress also be well shaven, shoes well polished. Similarly women employees should be soberly dressed and not use very dark shade lipstick.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Actually dress code is not for changing some body's moral character. This is for uniformity and decorum especially when public contact is significant. If you visit a govt office for your work, you will be displeased to see the employees in undesirable dress or bad appearance. All male employees should besides proper dress also be well shaven, shoes well polished. Similarly women employees should be soberly dressed and not use very dark shade lipstick.

Yes, the moral character won't change, but at least there will be uniformity. A girl student used to come to our place for classes and was from a poor background, whereas there were many other students who were from well-to-do background who had good clothes. This poor girl discountiued the classes as she said that only 'rich' students come to this class. So, a uniform at least changes this attitude.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
A general ban on a dress and dress code or uniform at work place differ. A public office must maintain decorum. Jeans and sports shoes and some other items are casual dress not suiting an office. But I don't understand why Dhoti Kurta for gents is not an approved dress in office.

Not only government some private company also banned jeans and T shirts in office, In offices all males and females should be maintain etiquette. After all they came in office for doing work and not for cat walk.
A general ban on a dress and dress code or uniform at work place differ. A public office must maintain decorum. Jeans and sports shoes and some other items are casual dress not suiting an office. But I don't understand why Dhoti Kurta for gents is not an approved dress in office.

Not only government some private company also banned jeans and T shirts in office, In offices all males and females should be maintain etiquette. After all they came in office for doing work and not for cat walk.

Hahahaha, you have rightly pointed out. People are there for working and not walking on the ramp. Yes, I had also seen people with dress codes working in companies. A scheduled bank near our place also did the same some months ago.

Hahahaha, you have rightly pointed out. People are there for working and not walking on the ramp. Yes, I had also seen people with dress codes working in companies. A scheduled bank near our place also did the same some months ago.

Most banks have a dress code , in fact ICICI bank even has uniform for its employees so do a few other banks... Dress code is good since it gives the ofices and working places a formal look and hopefully make the employees too become more work orientd :dry:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51

Most banks have a dress code , in fact ICICI bank even has uniform for its employees so do a few other banks... Dress code is good since it gives the ofices and working places a formal look and hopefully make the employees too become more work orientd :dry:

I was pleasantly surprised when I saw all the employees and in fact the entire staff with the same dress. That was a great scene indeed as it came out of the blue. Othewise, I was in the habit of seeing those people with normal clothes (which didn't really look good to me).

I am not against freedom of women but for a moment they should be understand that attraction of opposite sex is natural thing.
Now every institution/organozation should emphasizes on dress code. Tamilnadu governement has recently announced dress codes for Government arts and science colleges. Tshirts and jeans are not alowed. Tight tops and skirts are not allowed for girls.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/

I am not against freedom of women but for a moment they should be understand that attraction of opposite sex is natural thing.

It works both ways so what do men do about it ? The problem is with our society and upbringing which is all wrong, giving far too much importance to men and overlooking their many faults wheras blow up anything that a woman does...Dress code and attraction should not have anything to do with each other but Indian men have a one track mind and thats the crux of thhe matter !

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.