Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
A general ban on a dress and dress code or uniform at work place differ. A public office must maintain decorum. Jeans and sports shoes and some other items are casual dress not suiting an office. But I don't understand why Dhoti Kurta for gents is not an approved dress in office.

Not only government some private company also banned jeans and T shirts in office, In offices all males and females should be maintain etiquette. After all they came in office for doing work and not for cat walk.

Hahahaha, you have rightly pointed out. People are there for working and not walking on the ramp. Yes, I had also seen people with dress codes working in companies. A scheduled bank near our place also did the same some months ago.

Most banks have a dress code , in fact ICICI bank even has uniform for its employees so do a few other banks... Dress code is good since it gives the ofices and working places a formal look and hopefully make the employees too become more work orientd :dry:

Even big retail outlets have a dress code that helps customers to know, whom to talk regarding their problems. Sometimes a customer mistakes another customer to feel embarrassed seeing an awkward smile on another customer's face.

After Railways in India, the largest industries like,Steel industry SAIL and RINL, Rashtriys Ispat Nigam Limited had been following the dress code since long. Its a flexible dress code for women employees. It varies from Sari to skirt and blouse. Women are free to choose the type of dress that suits them. But the colour of the uniform should be Grey and lighter grey should be followed.

That's right. Many insttitutions have their dress code and the color as well. I too have seen some institutions here in my city that have the same color code as well, though the females, as you mentioned can choose to go for sarees or dresses here. That's only their choice.

The idea is to create the feeling, when it comes to work place, 'from Chairman to Charge man all are same',
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.