For some time we had not heard many news about honour killings therefore I was very much horrified to read the latest incident in Rohtak where the poor young girl was stoned to death in public, by her OWN FAMILY and the boy was brutally beheaded! The family who did this to the couple should be killed in the similar manner! After reading about such so-called honour crimes, we really need to redefine the meaning of word 'honour" :sick:

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/killed-for-eloping-girl-lynched-by-family-boy-beheaded-in-haryana-village-girl-s-parents-arrested-420910

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I remember we had good discussion on this dishonorable view of 'honor'. The recent outburst of an advocate in Delhi Nirbhaya rape case that he would burn his sister or daughter alive in the event of premarital sex. moving with boy friend reinforce the deep rooted prejudice in the society especially western U.P. and Haryana.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Haryana is one of the states about which I have first-hand knowledge and the most perplexing feature of this state is that its growing material prosperity is appallingly matched by its very fast-disappearing civilizational norms in social and family lives. The remotest parts are steeped in medieval obscurantism. The womenfolks are subject to savage form of male domination, a fact which is known to Maun Mohan Singh!!! If you haven't heard any recent case, never commit the folly by surmising that such cases are not happening or haven't happened!! May be the state administration, the local press all effectively put them under the carpet. Gulshanji is absolutely right in locating the Western parts of UP and I add other North Indian states which are the theaters of this inhuman crime. I would add Punjab as another state which holds an abominably horrid record on this count.
Thank you said by: shadow
I remember we had good discussion on this dishonorable view of 'honor'. The recent outburst of an advocate in Delhi Nirbhaya rape case that he would burn his sister or daughter alive in the event of premarital sex. moving with boy friend reinforce the deep rooted prejudice in the society especially western U.P. and Haryana.

He also sugges to other parents to follow him, Indeed one community of UP Haryana and Rajasthan is of backward attitude. this community is much power full in money and politics.
For some time we had not heard many news about honour killings therefore I was very much horrified to read the latest incident in Rohtak where the poor young girl was stoned to death in public, by her OWN FAMILY and the boy was brutally beheaded! The family who did this to the couple should be killed in the similar manner! After reading about such so-called honour crimes, we really need to redefine the meaning of word 'honour" :sick:

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/killed-for-eloping-girl-lynched-by-family-boy-beheaded-in-haryana-village-girl-s-parents-arrested-420910

How can people behave worse than wild animals ? and how can others watch and encourage such an act of violence ? I always thought that Punjab and Haryana were modern in their outlook but I see more and more such cases coming out of there ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

How can people behave worse than wild animals ? and how can others watch and encourage such an act of violence ? I always thought that Punjab and Haryana were modern in their outlook but I see more and more such cases coming out of there ...

@Usha

I don't know if you have been to these states I have named, long enough to observe closely their material as well other lives but what I can say from my own experience is that a significant section of these societies is obscurantist and has got superficial gloss of modernity!!!
Thank you said by: usha manohar, Kalyani Nandurkar

No Usha! They only dress up and live in a modern manner but at heart they are too much medieval. Although I have never visited either of these states but since I grew up in a cosmopolitan Air force community, have watched them at close quarters. They only like to dress up in latest styles but where it comes to the status of women, they are still considered as lowlier than slaves. My mum once overheard one of my father's colleagues from Haryana telling him that women should be treated like doormats and should be kept in their place by using chappals on them! :sick: That day onwards my parents closed our door to this particular person. But there were many more like him! and it seems like as more and more we advance, the more these communities are going backwards!

No Usha! They only dress up and live in a modern manner but at heart they are too much medieval. Although I have never visited either of these states but since I grew up in a cosmopolitan Air force community, have watched them at close quarters. They only like to dress up in latest styles but where it comes to the status of women, they are still considered as lowlier than slaves. My mum once overheard one of my father's colleagues from Haryana telling him that women should be treated like doormats and should be kept in their place by using chappals on them! :sick: That day onwards my parents closed our door to this particular person. But there were many more like him! and it seems like as more and more we advance, the more these communities are going backwards!

The mindset of those in Haryana and western U.P. is very astonishing. They still live in medieval days. The Khap panchayats in these regions function as parallel courts and announce death sentence or ex communication for love marriage or inter caste marriage.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

It is dishonor killing backed by community, despite Honorable Supreme Court ruling, no politicians have the guts to oppose this, as they can lose votes, even so called pressure groups are not taking this as cause, Here, in my society, honor killing is not there, but the person who has done this is barred from entering Temple and social occasions.

http://mohanmekap.com/

It is dishonor killing backed by community, despite Honorable Supreme Court ruling, no politicians have the guts to oppose this, as they can lose votes, even so called pressure groups are not taking this as cause, Here, in my society, honor killing is not there, but the person who has done this is barred from entering Temple and social occasions.

Such practices of shunning people from communities and from participating in community activities is very common all over India, recently many such cases were reported in Maharashtra too. But compared to these practices, actually killing your own offspring in such a brutal manner is very shameful and disgusting! It is beyond comprehension of a civilized person! And what is more ridiculous is that in these communities, incest is practiced quite freely, to much consternation and agony of womenfolk in the families. So what kind of honour do these people really talk about?

Punjab and Haryana is rich states people are wealthy but they are of poor mind. Today I read that they loaded body of girl and boy in a tractor and took round of village. What a bravery?
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.