In a quite sad and unfortunate turn of events, the pride of our nation, the majestic aircraft carrier INS Vikrant is soon to be auctioned off to a willing buyer, just because of apathy on the part of govt. of Maharashtra to grant any funds to turn it into a museum! :( :( :angry: I am feeling so extremely upset about this whole thing, we cannot even take care of something that has brought us victory and glory. I am feeling so sad and upset, I cannot even think what must be going on in the minds of noble men who served aboard the ship!

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/ins-vikrant-to-be-auctioned-as-maha-govt-unable-to-maintain-the-ship/1202843/

But the Defence Ministry has no other option since it cannot afford the costs of keeping her afloat!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This is shame on behalf of India. Whole world will be laughing at this. I am shocked.
In a quite sad and unfortunate turn of events, the pride of our nation, the majestic aircraft carrier INS Vikrant is soon to be auctioned off to a willing buyer, just because of apathy on the part of govt. of Maharashtra to grant any funds to turn it into a museum! :( :( :angry: I am feeling so extremely upset about this whole thing, we cannot even take care of something that has brought us victory and glory. I am feeling so sad and upset, I cannot even think what must be going on in the minds of noble men who served aboard the ship!

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/ins-vikrant-to-be-auctioned-as-maha-govt-unable-to-maintain-the-ship/1202843/

But the Defence Ministry has no other option since it cannot afford the costs of keeping her afloat!

It could be kept afloat if Madame diverts some of her funds to put it into good use here .nestly, I too was reading about it and feeling quite bad about it.. I am a little confused because isnt the ship part of Indian Navy and therefore the responsibility of the Central government? so why is it the sole responsibility of the Maharashtra government to spend on it...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It could be kept afloat if Madame diverts some of her funds to put it into good use here .nestly, I too was reading about it and feeling quite bad about it.. I am a little confused because isnt the ship part of Indian Navy and therefore the responsibility of the Central government? so why is it the sole responsibility of the Maharashtra government to spend on it...

I also am not sure about why Central Government is not responsible for the ship! But someone has to take an initiative, I guess they are just passing the buck to and fro! But still we cannot ignore the great ship's role in defending our shorelines against enemy intrusion and most notably her role during the 1971 war! Also she was the first of her kind to be included in Indian Navy. She was decommissioned in I think, 1999, and from then on nothing was done except regular maintenance. Best way would be to convert it into a maritime museum and that will also generate revenues for her later upkeep! But as we are notorious for, we are not interested in our own heritage! :blink:

I also am not sure about why Central Government is not responsible for the ship! But someone has to take an initiative, I guess they are just passing the buck to and fro! But still we cannot ignore the great ship's role in defending our shorelines against enemy intrusion and most notably her role during the 1971 war! Also she was the first of her kind to be included in Indian Navy. She was decommissioned in I think, 1999, and from then on nothing was done except regular maintenance. Best way would be to convert it into a maritime museum and that will also generate revenues for her later upkeep! But as we are notorious for, we are not interested in our own heritage! :blink:

I agree ! All that may happen is some politician making money out of it ...I wish some of the rich and the famous who have grown rich on Indian soil take the initiative and get together to take over the ship in the interest of the country and open it for viewers,charging whatever is suitable ! Do we have such people who think of their country and its heritage at least once in a while?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree ! All that may happen is some politician making money out of it ...I wish some of the rich and the famous who have grown rich on Indian soil take the initiative and get together to take over the ship in the interest of the country and open it for viewers,charging whatever is suitable ! Do we have such people who think of their country and its heritage at least once in a while?

Rich people in India are not concerned about Indian heritage. Acquiring the ship and turning it into a museum is quite easy for people like Ambanis, Tatas, Mittals etc. but since there is no immediate financial benefits, I doubt if they would take the initiative. Just yesterday I read news that Jindal group has acquired a lavish old mansion in London from the Canadian consulate, right in the neighbourhood of the Queen. They reportedly paid 5,00,000 pounds for it! Do we see them buying such heritage structures in India? :blink:

Rich people in India are not concerned about Indian heritage. Acquiring the ship and turning it into a museum is quite easy for people like Ambanis, Tatas, Mittals etc. but since there is no immediate financial benefits, I doubt if they would take the initiative. Just yesterday I read news that Jindal group has acquired a lavish old mansion in London from the Canadian consulate, right in the neighbourhood of the Queen. They reportedly paid 5,00,000 pounds for it! Do we see them buying such heritage structures in India? :blink:

I know, all these rich billionaires buy up small time castles in Europe and feel very good about it but hesitate when it comes to India.I have a feeling it is partly because of the red tape and that is involved in any transaction of that kind, even the few genuinely interested maynot bother to even think in that direction !

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Here are 10 concrete reasons to preserve INS Vikrant!

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/indian-navy-india-ins-vikrant-1971-war/1/327802.html

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.