American Sikhs who wish to enlist in the Army are asked to cut their hair and beard, all against their religious beliefs! :blink: :blink:

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/american-sikhs-with-turban-beard-not-allowed-in-forces/438770-2.html

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
American Sikhs who wish to enlist in the Army are asked to cut their hair and beard, all against their religious beliefs! :blink: :blink:

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/american-sikhs-with-turban-beard-not-allowed-in-forces/438770-2.html

It is more a miscoception by the Americans whose knowledge about other countries and their culture is zero anyway...Someone known to us who has been living in the US for more than 40 years was targetted last year because they thought he was an Islamic terrorist. His jaw was broken, bridge of the nose broken ! However, it was the neighbors who are American natives who helped him a lot , even calling the police and taking care of everything !
This attitude is very much there but it is mainly due to their ignorance and lack of knowledge ! There is no ready solution to the problem from what I can see unless they shave their hair which apparently many Sikhs are doing now !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
It is a different country, they have hardly any knowledge about other religions and due to appearance of Sikhs they are terming them with another religion and that is why they are believing as such, but slowly with due course of time all these will be healed, but as per saying, in the Rome do as Romans do, so if some one want to be with army their then he should have to adhere their conditions, in US as compared with Canada, there is ignorance of Sikh as a religion, in fact they know three prominent religions, apart from it, they have hardly any knowledge abt. it, I think in their courseware, all these information should be imbibed so that proper education will lead to all these ignorance. It seems they are attacking them as hate crime and thinking about them as Islam followers as due to mass terrorists attack on their land there has been many hatred among common US towards and subsequently on three or four times, they have learnt all these attacks are aided and guided by insiders of their home land and for this the hate towards them increases ten fold times.

http://mohanmekap.com/

America is a country made largely of Immigrants from all over the world.Indian population in the USA is one of the largest and Sikh families have been living there for more than 4 or 5 decades so it is not as if people there are looking at Sikhs for the first time - What is happening now is an outburst of anger against Islamic terrorists who dared to cause so much damage to their country and they target anybody who has any resemblance to the terrorists ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The plain fact is that the white races are prejudiced against all. The more you differ with their style, more prejudiced they are. The Sikh's appearance is very different from theirs. So what else we may expect?

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
This is of course against their religious belief. I have heard that being Christian, they force others to be just like them. Many people accept to change themselves either because of the country or due to pressure.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
I dont think they want to change their religion or anything like that, it is more to do with ignorance and stupidity on their part, not actually analysing whether they are right about their own prejudices against the person.One cannot go round attacking and causing harm to innocent people just because they dont look like you or looks different !

America is a country made largely of Immigrants from all over the world.Indian population in the USA is one of the largest and Sikh families have been living there for more than 4 or 5 decades so it is not as if people there are looking at Sikhs for the first time - What is happening now is an outburst of anger against Islamic terrorists who dared to cause so much damage to their country and they target anybody who has any resemblance to the terrorists ...

Most of the Americans also do not see the need to really understand the difference between Sikhs and Arabs, just because both communities wear beards and wear turbans, they are the same to Americans on surface, but there is a vast difference in both communities. But owing to their inherent prejudice against all Asians, they choose to remain ignorant. In the aftermath of 9/11 terrorist attack, it was the Sikhs in various parts of America who were under attacks for some time! :blink:

I dont think they want to change their religion or anything like that, it is more to do with ignorance and stupidity on their part, not actually analysing whether they are right about their own prejudices against the person.One cannot go round attacking and causing harm to innocent people just because they dont look like you or looks different !

There are many people who willingly wants to change their caste and religion. For them it is just a status.

Most of the Americans also do not see the need to really understand the difference between Sikhs and Arabs, just because both communities wear beards and wear turbans, they are the same to Americans on surface, but there is a vast difference in both communities. But owing to their inherent prejudice against all Asians, they choose to remain ignorant. In the aftermath of 9/11 terrorist attack, it was the Sikhs in various parts of America who were under attacks for some time! :blink:

I suppose it was because they held on to their long hair and eards while the real terrirists and followers must have changed their own appearances and becone clean shaven therby not standing out like a sore thumb ! I know that most Americans know nothing beyond their own country and dont eben bother knowing anything beyond it ...But Sikhs are very much part of the scene , not as if they just happened now..

I suppose it was because they held on to their long hair and eards while the real terrirists and followers must have changed their own appearances and becone clean shaven therby not standing out like a sore thumb ! I know that most Americans know nothing beyond their own country and dont eben bother knowing anything beyond it ...But Sikhs are very much part of the scene , not as if they just happened now..

The Arabs and SIkhs both sport beards and long hair covered with turban, but the similarity ends there, there are too many obvious differences to tell them apart, but the Americans probably do not want to understand them!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.