Until now I had heard of heavy snowfall or rains or storms affecting the air traffic, but heavy pollution and smog in the sky caused hundreds of flights to be delayed in Shanghai! A matter of utter shame indeed! :blink: Such a place is no place for people to live!

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/flights-delayed-as-air-pollution-hits-record-in-shanghai/438101-2.html

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Until now I had heard of heavy snowfall or rains or storms affecting the air traffic, but heavy pollution and smog in the sky caused hundreds of flights to be delayed in Shanghai! A matter of utter shame indeed! :blink: Such a place is no place for people to live!

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/flights-delayed-as-air-pollution-hits-record-in-shanghai/438101-2.html
I have been there some time back, and the Shangahi city is highly polluted and even day before Olympic, it was as such, and the pollution rate is on higher side, but this is not everywhere in China as towards its east a city which I forgot its name is full of green environment, and their everything is generated considering good for environment, solar and wind power is use and also various other forms of non conventional energies are used, petrol vehicles are stopped from a good well distance in order to stop air pollution, and most of mobile factories are their which are running in these green environment. Shangahi is very polluted and it is due to many government officials who are actively engaging themselves with industries.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Delhi is a polluted city. People face problem during winter season more than summer season. Problem is due to pollution and smog. It looks red. I think the condition of Shanghai is even worst than Delhi. I have seen in movies that Shanghai is very congested city. There is no way to avoid pollution in congested places.
Shanghai is apparently still under the smog cloud , more than 7 days now. It is unimaginable that such a beautiful has go to this level of pollution - 31 times more than what is accepted level. According to what I read, this pollution will cost every resident of the city 5 years of their life , reducing their life span !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Shanghai is apparently still under the smog cloud , more than 7 days now. It is unimaginable that such a beautiful has go to this level of pollution - 31 times more than what is accepted level. According to what I read, this pollution will cost every resident of the city 5 years of their life , reducing their life span !

It is very unimaginable even to think of living in such pollution-afflicted city! A few notches on the higher side of normal is what we face in our own cities but 31 times more??? I can only imagine the problems poor little children, elderly and other fragile people must be facing! :blink:
Shanghai_Botanical_Gardens.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)

Now pilots flying to Beijing are asked to learn to land their planes in heavy smog caused by pollution! :blink: They are being asked to rely only on instruments landing system!

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/12/china-pilots-land-smog

It is very unimaginable even to think of living in such pollution-afflicted city! A few notches on the higher side of normal is what we face in our own cities but 31 times more??? I can only imagine the problems poor little children, elderly and other fragile people must be facing! :blink:

Shanghai is one of the most congested cities and very densely populated which may be one of the causes, otherwise Chinese cities are known for their green belts and gardens etc...Shanghai too has many such green areas , botanical garden and mountains ( yellow mountains ) quite close to it !

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10906]}

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Devyani Sarkar

Shanghai is one of the most congested cities and very densely populated which may be one of the causes, otherwise Chinese cities are known for their green belts and gardens etc...Shanghai too has many such green areas , botanical garden and mountains ( yellow mountains ) quite close to it !

Wow! That is such a lovely photograph! These type of green spots are direly needed in all the big cities because they are the breathing spots for those cities. Sadly, more and more open places with trees are being quickly filled up with concrete buildings!

Wow! That is such a lovely photograph! These type of green spots are direly needed in all the big cities because they are the breathing spots for those cities. Sadly, more and more open places with trees are being quickly filled up with concrete buildings!

Yes I agree we need green belt around the city, the picture is The Botanical garden in Shanghai which is really beautiful...

Yes I agree we need green belt around the city, the picture is The Botanical garden in Shanghai which is really beautiful...

Amazing! This is the only word I can write. I am speechless. I feel very sad to know that such a beautiful part of the nature is under smog.

Amazing! This is the only word I can write. I am speechless. I feel very sad to know that such a beautiful part of the nature is under smog.
A nice colorful garden wonderful setting. :whistle: :whistle: can they control pollution.

http://mohanmekap.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.