There seems to be no end to the atrocities comitted by some men on women in India. This i9s another case where a young girl was nearly raped and killed by someone known to her as a friend and who she trusted . The incident shows how shaky some young minds are and how careful young girls need to be in trusting anyone, even those known to them...
But in this case we have to salute this girl for fighting off the man and also trying her best to defend herself..The incident took place on saturday night in Davangere ( Karnataka)

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bangalore/Braveheart-resists-rape-crawls-back-home-with-disfigured-face/articleshow/27765276.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Obviously, nobody can be trusted. It is best to use own vehicle or public transport. It is dangerous to get lift from anyone. The girl could use karate fight whereas all girls may not be proficient in the fight.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Obviously, nobody can be trusted. It is best to use own vehicle or public transport. It is dangerous to get lift from anyone. The girl could use karate fight whereas all girls may not be proficient in the fight.

Exactly my views ! No matter what reforms we may have with our laws, ultimately we have to take care of ourselves by being wiser and not trusting people easily espcially given the social atmosphere in our country ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
That is so horrible, the girl is going to be traumatised for her whole life perhaps! But it is really admirable that she put up a brave fight against the perv! But it also is going to pose a lot of trust issues, henceforth no girl would trust even their best friends! :blink: I only hope that she recovers soon enough! May god give her strength!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
That is so horrible, the girl is going to be traumatised for her whole life perhaps! But it is really admirable that she put up a brave fight against the perv! But it also is going to pose a lot of trust issues, henceforth no girl would trust even their best friends! :blink: I only hope that she recovers soon enough! May god give her strength!

Very true ! she would be traumatised by the incident and may take a long time to recover since she is hurt badly in the head,on the face etc...But one must admire her bravery and presence of mind...Things are steadily getting worse in this country where we cannot trust anyone easily now..

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Very true ! she would be traumatised by the incident and may take a long time to recover since she is hurt badly in the head,on the face etc...But one must admire her bravery and presence of mind...Things are steadily getting worse in this country where we cannot trust anyone easily now..

True....that is why I said this is going to open a lot of trust issues! More and more such incidents are coming into open, henceforth girls would not trust even their own brothers! A matter of serious concern for everyone!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I don't think putting restrictions and making tough laws will help to solve this vital issue. Women of india have to become powerful in tackling this issue. Police won't be available at lonely places. Neither we can expect any help from police It is impossible for the police to watch every individual girl.
what i really want to put a point here is that Men are not going to change. So, why not Women take effort to change Men.

Want to make each day Accountable

I don't think putting restrictions and making tough laws will help to solve this vital issue. Women of india have to become powerful in tackling this issue. Police won't be available at lonely places. Neither we can expect any help from police It is impossible for the police to watch every individual girl.
what i really want to put a point here is that Men are not going to change. So, why not Women take effort to change Men.

I agree that women have to take care of themselves and dont put themselves in risky situations ! However, I dont see the point in men not being able to change ???? are they wild animals that they have to pounce on lonely women, don't they have any self control or for that matter any self respect ? If they can't change into human beings then they need to be treated the same way ! In fact comparing such men to wild animals is not right because the animals have their own reasons for being what they are ...

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

I agree that women have to take care of themselves and dont put themselves in risky situations ! However, I dont see the point in men not being able to change ???? are they wild animals that they have to pounce on lonely women, don't they have any self control? If they can't change into human beings then they need to be treated the same way ! In fact comparing such men to wild animals is not right because the animals have their own reasons for being what they are ...

Ultimately. it all leads to that old adage, "Help yourself" be it a man or a woman.

I agree that women have to take care of themselves and dont put themselves in risky situations ! However, I dont see the point in men not being able to change ???? are they wild animals that they have to pounce on lonely women, don't they have any self control? If they can't change into human beings then they need to be treated the same way ! In fact comparing such men to wild animals is not right because the animals have their own reasons for being what they are ...

Ultimately. it all leads to that old adage, "Help yourself" be it a man or a woman.

I agree, that is the wisest thing to do, one should take care and should not put oneself into risky situations..

I agree, that is the wisest thing to do, one should take care and should not put oneself into risky situations..

And one more thing is, women should not shy away from lodging a police complaint and obtain a receipt of her FIR.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.