Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Finally, Master Blaster is awarded with Bharat Ratna Award.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/series-tournament/sachin-tendulkar-hangs-his-boots/top-stories/Sachin-Tendulkar-and-CNR-Rao-conferred-Bharat-Ratna/articleshow/29849599.cms

He is the most deserving candidate.

Conferring Bharat Ratna award on Sachin has led to some controversies. A particular section thinks Hockey wizard Dhyanchand who has won many gold medals for India in Olympics deserves more than Sachin. Of course these awards often create such controversies. I too vote for Sachin.

Sachin is synonymous to cricket. No player is bigger than the game but Sachin is the only exception. He has truly earned this award.

Sachin devotee his whole life to cricket so Sachin deserving candidate for the Bharat Ratna....And he gets it....

Dhyanchand was the first sports man who by virtue of his skills in Hockey made the Indian government declare Hockey as the National game. When nobody in the world knew about the existence of India in the sports arena, he was the first to make the world know about India by winning several Golds in Hockey. in Olympics.

That the reason for the controversies comes all over the world why Sachin gets this award before Dhyanchand...

even now its not too late. Dhyanchand may be given a posthumous Bharat Ratna.

If Dhyanchand receives the award,maybe the controversies stop and peoples get satisfied.....

It's a question of Justification . Not satisfaction.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/series-tournament/sachin-tendulkar-hangs-his-boots/top-stories/Sachin-Tendulkar-and-CNR-Rao-conferred-Bharat-Ratna/articleshow/29849599.cms

Conferring Bharat Ratna award on Sachin has led to some controversies. A particular section thinks Hockey wizard Dhyanchand who has won many gold medals for India in Olympics deserves more than Sachin. Of course these awards often create such controversies. I too vote for Sachin.

Sachin is synonymous to cricket. No player is bigger than the game but Sachin is the only exception. He has truly earned this award.

Sachin devotee his whole life to cricket so Sachin deserving candidate for the Bharat Ratna....And he gets it....

Dhyanchand was the first sports man who by virtue of his skills in Hockey made the Indian government declare Hockey as the National game. When nobody in the world knew about the existence of India in the sports arena, he was the first to make the world know about India by winning several Golds in Hockey. in Olympics.

That the reason for the controversies comes all over the world why Sachin gets this award before Dhyanchand...

If Dhyanchand receives the award,maybe the controversies stop and peoples get satisfied.....

If he got justice then only he gets satisfied otherwise i don't think so..

Who ? Dhyanchand ? .He is no more. I said in the above lines 'Posthumous ' award. Posthumous award is that which is conferred on the celebrity after death.

Who ? Dhyanchand ? .He is no more. I said in the above lines 'Posthumous ' award. Posthumous award is that which is conferred on the celebrity after death.

Death doesn't mean that he is not going to receive their justice.....He is still alive in the heart of peoples who want dhyanchand to get Bharat Ratna....
By heart we all congratulate Sachin Tendulkar on receiving the award and also Prof. Rao. Although rules have been bent for conferring the highest civilian award on Sachin, it is imperative that there are many controversies since many others before him too deserved the award. But cricket is what drives all Indians to frenzy so no surprises there! But begone is begone so no need to create any controversies here and let us rejoice in the fact that the most popular youth idol has been given this award. But let us not ignore the other person viz, Prof. Rao whose work is inspirational and lays a path for future young scientists!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

By heart we all congratulate Sachin Tendulkar on receiving the award and also Prof. Rao. Although rules have been bent for conferring the highest civilian award on Sachin, it is imperative that there are many controversies since many others before him too deserved the award. But cricket is what drives all Indians to frenzy so no surprises there! But begone is begone so no need to create any controversies here and let us rejoice in the fact that the most popular youth idol has been given this award. But let us not ignore the other person viz, Prof. Rao whose work is inspirational and lays a path for future young scientists!

I totally agree with your views ! It is not fair that people more deserving were passed over for the award and Sachin is still young and there is no urgency to confer the award right away...This is like the national film awards which are normally given to the ones that have given mediocre performances ! Sachin of course is deserving the award , a great player and makes us proud and I would have liked him a lot more if he had the grace to at least acknowledge the fact that there are other deserving people too who could have been given the award...
As for Prof Rao, he richly deserves it.Our state did little to honor him and now suddenly they after he received the Bharat Ratna they have woken up and want to honor him ! Pathetic ! there is a saying medicinal plants grown in your own backyard is regarded as weed !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

I totally agree with your views ! It is not fair that people more deserving were passed over for the award and Sachin is still young and there is no urgency to confer the award right away...This is like the national film awards which are normally given to the ones that have given mediocre performances ! Sachin of course is deserving the award , a great player and makes us proud and I would have liked him a lot more if he had the grace to at least acknowledge the fact that there are other deserving people too who could have been given the award...
As for Prof Rao, he richly deserves it.Our state did little to honor him and now suddenly they after he received the Bharat Ratna they have woken up and want to honor him ! Pathetic ! there is a saying medicinal plants grown in your own backyard is regarded as weed !

Exactly Usha, it was given to Sachin in too much of a hurry and all due to politics, but let us not talk about it and the least we can do is not forget the other awardee in a hurry, which is a general tendency, actually a rule, where politics or cricket are involved, people are driven to so much frenzy that the real issues and real people are forgotten! I hope it does not happen now and whatever concerns and issues Prof Rao had openly voiced out are now taken seriously and more attention is given to fundamental science research so that more and more students are attracted to it rather than to film and cricket!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Very true, especially in the case of Dr. Rao. I remember that song, "Ghar Ki Murgi Daal Barabar".
Professor Rao has seen the human angle in Science. He has relinquished his most lucrative career in the states and came back to India to spread the value of science in our day to day activities. When he heard the announcement on conferring Bharat Ratna on him, he has treated it as another award. People who are closely associated with him vouch for his simplicity.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.