Just when everybody had thought that Devyani Khobragade episode had ended after she returned here with her hubby, there is more interesting news with an arrest warrant being sent out for her by the US authorities ! She sure seems to have ruffled them the wrong way and they are determined to teach her a lesson ??

http://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/devyani-khobragade-re-indicted-in-us-visa-fraud-case/article1-1195266.aspx

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Just when everybody had thought that Devyani Khobragade episode had ended after she returned here with her hubby, there is more interesting news with an arrest warrant being sent out for her by the US authorities ! She sure seems to have ruffled them the wrong way and they are determined to teach her a lesson ??

http://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/devyani-khobragade-re-indicted-in-us-visa-fraud-case/article1-1195266.aspx

As far as I am concerned I'm a little confused as to her complicity in the wrong for which she has been charged second time. Here I would like to mention my admiration for the American judiciary which is celebrated for its fierce independence. Think of its role in exposing almighty Nixon and finishing off his political career!! The US judiciary enjoys greater credibility than any other in the world. It is worth remembering here that charges against Devyani have been rejected by the judiciary but the US justice is convinced that it has a strong case against her and has charged her once again. In India it is unfortunate that judiciary has been lenient in high profile cases and the US judiciary has been exemplary in this regard, so let us not rush to conclusions!!
Thank you said by: usha manohar

As far as I am concerned I'm a little confused as to her complicity in the wrong for which she has been charged second time. Here I would like to mention my admiration for the American judiciary which is celebrated for its fierce independence. Think of its role in exposing almighty Nixon and finishing off his political career!! The US judiciary enjoys greater credibility than any other in the world. It is worth remembering here that charges against Devyani have been rejected by the judiciary but the US justice is convinced that it has a strong case against her and has charged her once again. In India it is unfortunate that judiciary has been lenient in high profile cases and the US judiciary has been exemplary in this regard, so let us not rush to conclusions!!

I totally agree with your views ! This case also throws a light on the decadence and arrogance of our ruling classes , both politicians and bureaucrats who take everything that the country has to offer as their birth right. It does work here - a dozen maids and the lesser mortals falling right and left at their feet. But the scenario is quite different in more developed countries where people never let themselves be taken for granted and such expectations from others make them really angry...Devyani has been used to a luxurious life since her father too is a very manipulative high profile officer known to curry favors. The foreign ministry has been going all out defending her calling it Desh ki Izzat , my foot ! honestly it is their own skins they are trying to save...You sow as you reap and I hope all these VIP culture fellas learn their lessons at least through a country like the US...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

She has been indicted once again. And the latest that India says that the relationship between the two countries can be hurt due to this. The news is in Indian Express. India further says that the indictment is totally unnecessary.
She has been indicted once again. And the latest that India says that the relationship between the two countries can be hurt due to this. The news is in Indian Express. India further says that the indictment is totally unnecessary.

Of course what better can they say? expose all the rot in the system ?

Of course what better can they say? expose all the rot in the system ?

If she had to be indicted once again, why in the first place was she given a clean chit? Was it a mistake that the news came out or were the developments themselves went on in the wrong way and were leaked? There are a lot of questions and all need to be answered.
The frantic efforts to save Devyani by Indian Government from the very beginning stinks foul. Her dad uses the oft repeated peudo 'Desh Bhakti' song. He says that it's an aggression by America as of Chinese aggression is an evening stroll on the Indian soil.'
The frantic efforts to save Devyani by Indian Government from the very beginning stinks foul. Her dad uses the oft repeated peudo 'Desh Bhakti' song. He says that it's an aggression by America as of Chinese aggression is an evening stroll on the Indian soil.'

It is not wrong to take the side of our diplomat. But one should know the ins and the outs before taking a decision and there are a lot of things that only the people at the top know and not us. So, it is not easy to take decisions.

It is not wrong to take the side of our diplomat. But one should know the ins and the outs before taking a decision and there are a lot of things that only the people at the top know and not us. So, it is not easy to take decisions.

What all we are doing in this forum are only expressing opinions and some suggestions based on the Media news.

They always look after their own kind since the policy is you scratch my back and I will scratch yours...Both father daughter duo have been manipulating the system to their advantage for years now and when they are questioned , not onl they but all those who put her in that place have reason to get upset since lot of things have been made easy for her insluding her IFS exams because of political power..

They always look after their own kind since the policy is you scratch my back and I will scratch yours...Both father daughter duo have been manipulating the system to their advantage for years now and when they are questioned , not onl they but all those who put her in that place have reason to get upset since lot of things have been made easy for her insluding her IFS exams because of political power..

True. It's with the fear several big heads are going to roll, the entire 'Mission Save Devyani' is carried out. Is there any incident in the History of Congress that proved its honest intentions of saving an innocent commoner?
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.