Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Preet Bharara the US attorney according to sources is a rare prosecutor who simply does not lose sight of his quarry no matter what the political costs are...Now he is bent on finishing what he started in Devyani's case.As of now Devyani cannot visit US unless she is ready to face the charges or else she would be arrested..

Yes. Things are getting difficult for the lady. She is literally stuck between the things that you mentioned. It remains to be seen what stance she or India take now.
The External affairs ministry has already protested, what else can they do other than go on protesting even when they are in the wrong ?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It is admirable how far and how long the US Justice is pursuing this issue. A hard lesson needs to be taken by our judicial system which has always been very lenient in high profile cases! But then again, I wonder to what end can it be pursued for there will certainly be a clear statute of limitations to this case and all she has to do is, not enter US until that limitation expires! Then all is well for all concerned! :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

The External affairs ministry has already protested, what else can they do other than go on protesting even when they are in the wrong ?

Yes, they will protest, even when they are wrong. After all, who will accept the mistakes openly? Some things are open secrets and everyone knows this fact.

Yes, they will protest, even when they are wrong. After all, who will accept the mistakes openly? Some things are open secrets and everyone knows this fact.

Protests are the impotent ways of our rulers. Protests remain as protests. As empty and shallow. Did any of our protests ever work?
It is admirable how far and how long the US Justice is pursuing this issue. A hard lesson needs to be taken by our judicial system which has always been very lenient in high profile cases! But then again, I wonder to what end can it be pursued for there will certainly be a clear statute of limitations to this case and all she has to do is, not enter US until that limitation expires! Then all is well for all concerned! :blink:

Thats true ! But Kalyani her husband is a US citizen and at some time or the other he may want to go back there which will make things difficult , the same foes for her since she will now never be able to go there...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Protests are the impotent ways of our rulers. Protests remain as protests. As empty and shallow. Did any of our protests ever work?

Yes. But what does it take to protest? Not protesting might look like something is fishy (even when it is already). At least protesting better than keeping quiet... :P

Yes. But what does it take to protest? Not protesting might look like something is fishy (even when it is already). At least protesting better than keeping quiet... :P

That they are doing since long. From onion price rise to Chinese incursion to Pak border violations Protests and protests. All noise. No result.

Thats true ! But Kalyani her husband is a US citizen and at some time or the other he may want to go back there which will make things difficult , the same foes for her since she will now never be able to go there...

But the charges are not against her husband and legally they cannot do anything to him just because he is her husband??? :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

But the charges are not against her husband and legally they cannot do anything to him just because he is her husband??? :blink:

Yes thats is true and he will have to go to keep up his citizenship at least once in 2 years and stay there for a few months and they may create problems and he may have eventually be forced to give up his citizenship....These are practical di9fficulties and more importantly will he want to ?

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.