There is no other personality with whom I can Identify more. He loved drink, was romantic, an intellectual and humorist. He wrote several books including one on history of Sikhs. He is best known for his connection with Illustrated weekly of India. His column 'with malice towards one and all' is popular. This column had also variant in Hindi title- Na kahoo se dosti na kahoo se vair. He was a secular and agnostic. He even wrote jokes on Sikhs. He was told by Sikh clergy not tgo write Sardarji jokes but he did not agree.

He died at age of ninety nine today. Deepest homage to this unique personality.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/khushwant-wanted-sikhs-to-retain-identity-wasn-t-a-good-student/article1-1197630.aspx

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
There is no other personality with whom I can Identify more. He loved drink, was romantic, an intellectual and humorist. He wrote several books including one on history of Sikhs. He is best known for his connection with Illustrated weekly of India. His column 'with malice towards one and all' is popular. This column had also variant in Hindi title- Na kahoo se dosti na kahoo se vair. He was a secular and agnostic. He even wrote jokes on Sikhs. He was told by Sikh clergy not tgo write Sardarji jokes but he did not agree.

He died at age of ninet nine today. Deepest homage to this unique personality.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/khushwant-wanted-sikhs-to-retain-identity-wasn-t-a-good-student/article1-1197630.aspx

A sad news. He was the giant of Indian literary field. I know him personally when he was in my place. I have painted his portrait and got it autographed by him. Whenever he was free he used to correspond with me. May his soul rest in peace.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Ohh it is really sad to hear this :( I just now switched on my laptop and just as I connected to the internet I saw something about this great man. But as I was in a hurry to check some things out, I really didn't pay attention to the news. It's really so sad to know that.
May he rest in peace!
Ohh it is really sad to hear this :( I just now switched on my laptop and just as I connected to the internet I saw something about this great man. But as I was in a hurry to check some things out, I really didn't pay attention to the news. It's really so sad to know that.
May he rest in peace!

The vacuum created by this great writer cannot be filled. His 'Train to Pakistan' was my favorite work.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Kushwant Singh was a definite Personality , outspoken , brutally frank amusing and very intelligent. He did not spare even himself at times ! He has left many literary contributions and will be missed by all those who loved his very persona and his work ! May his soul rest in peace !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

May he rest in peace!

The vacuum created by this great writer cannot be filled. His 'Train to Pakistan' was my favorite work.

That's one of mine too and for many people I am sure. It won't be wrong to call it his magnum opus.
May he rest in peace!

That's one of mine too and for many people I am sure. It won't be wrong to call it his magnum opus.

Call by any name. A writer of Khushwant's stature is an asset and pride of any country. I'm proud that i'm a contemporary of such an eminent writer.
May he rest in peace!

Call by any name. A writer of Khushwant's stature is an asset and pride of any country. I'm proud that i'm a contemporary of such an eminent writer.

It is something to feel proud of, no doubt about that. And he got a long life to do what he loved best. When I read the news, the first thought that came to my mind was that he may be around 80-85 years old.
May he rest in peace!

It is something to feel proud of, no doubt about that. And he got a long life to do what he loved best. When I read the news, the first thought that came to my mind was that he may be around 80-85 years old.

99 long years he lived. The first page of the thread itself says.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.