Nanda was a very popular actress of the fifties and sixties and loved by all film goers for her portrayal of gentle feminine roles....She passed away today at the age of 75 ! May her soul rest in peace !
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news-interviews/Yesteryear-actress-Nanda-passes-away-Nanda-dead-actress-Nanda-dead/articleshow/32656035.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Nanda was a very popular actress of the fifties and sixties and loved by all film goers for her portrayal of gentle feminine roles....She passed away today at the age of 75 ! May her soul rest in peace !
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news-interviews/Yesteryear-actress-Nanda-passes-away-Nanda-dead-actress-Nanda-dead/articleshow/32656035.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

A sad news. Nanda known for her "Bahen roles" got a major break in Shantaram's "Toofan Aur Diya. After that she has done memorable roles in 'Hum Dono and Rangeen'
I liked the song
Meri chhoti si behan
Dekho gehne pehan
Sasural chali re
Ban than ke from Toofan aur diya in which Rajendra kumar also acted.
May her soul rest in peace.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
I was saddened to know of Nanda's demise. She was such a versatile actress that she got roles for a long time. I remember seeing her in 'Kanoon", an Ashok Kumar film. She looked a teenager then.
A talented actress who was a great and constant presence in the cinema, I liked her roles in movies such as Hum Dono etc. May her soul rest in peace.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

This is very shocking news. She was one of the great actress.
Jab Jab Phool Khile, Gumnaam is her all time great movie.

Be positive
Nanda was one of rareactresses who performed as child artist as well as adult artist. As child artist, she was known as 'Baby Nanda'.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I think Nanda was universally loved by all film goers because of her sweet image...she was gentle ,feminine and self sacrificing ! One associated Nanda with her roles...I love almost all her films ..In fact one of the first films I saw of her was Abhlasha where she acted with Sanjay Khan and to this day I have very find memories of the two beautiful songs picturised on her 'Pyar hua hai jab se' and 'Wadiyan mera daaman' , later of course I watched many of her old Black and white films and her later films like Gumnam, The Train, Beti,Ittefaq etc..loved her in all the rles that she portrayed !

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 11016]}

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Gumnam and one detective movie I failed to remember name and Jab phul khile, are some of wonderful acting, she was alone entire life, Asha parekh was her best friend, she sacrificed her life for her brothers and sisters.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Gumnam and one detective movie I failed to remember name and Jab phul khile, are some of wonderful acting, she was alone entire life, Asha parekh was her best friend, she sacrificed her life for her brothers and sisters.

Nanda also acted in Iteefaq and many films like The Train and other films in the early seventies with heroes who had just begun their career - Rajesh Khanna, Jeetendra, Sanjay Khan,Sameer Khan etc; She like Asha Parekh remained unmarried although they were supposedly involved with film makers - Nanda with Manmohan Desai and Asha Parekh with Nasir Hussain !

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, mohan manohar

Nanda also acted in Iteefaq and many films like The Train and other films in the early seventies with heroes who had just begun their career - Rajesh Khanna, Jeetendra, Sanjay Khan,Sameer Khan etc; She like Asha Parekh remained unmarried although they were supposedly involved with film makers - Nanda with Manmohan Desai and Asha Parekh with Nasir Hussain !

It was reported in the news that after the death of Manmohan Desai, she became an almost recluse, she did love him dearly. She was a true gentle lady with a warm and kind nature. When actors such as Rajesh Khanna, Shashi Kapoor, Jeetendra, Sanjeev Kumar etc. started out in the industry, she was already an established star. When other famous actresses refused to work with these new actors, she was signed films with them and instilled confidence in them. An example of sterling artist and a warm person.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

thanks @ Usha Manohar, Itefaq the detective movie I forget the name, though in many movies, I do not like her as heroin but in some movies she is exceptional.
ittefaq.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)

http://mohanmekap.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.