Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Gumnam and one detective movie I failed to remember name and Jab phul khile, are some of wonderful acting, she was alone entire life, Asha parekh was her best friend, she sacrificed her life for her brothers and sisters.

Nanda also acted in Iteefaq and many films like The Train and other films in the early seventies with heroes who had just begun their career - Rajesh Khanna, Jeetendra, Sanjay Khan,Sameer Khan etc; She like Asha Parekh remained unmarried although they were supposedly involved with film makers - Nanda with Manmohan Desai and Asha Parekh with Nasir Hussain !
thanks @ Usha Manohar, Itefaq the detective movie I forget the name, though in many movies, I do not like her as heroin but in some movies she is exceptional.

Nanda played a bold role in Iteefaq, quite a daring step to take during those days...Apparently the role was ofered to many leading ladies who all refused it because of the negative shade and the film had no songs and the leading lady is seen in a single dress only because it takes place in one night , but Nanda went ahead and it was one of her best roles !

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 11018]}

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: mohan manohar
Gumnam and one detective movie I failed to remember name and Jab phul khile, are some of wonderful acting, she was alone entire life, Asha parekh was her best friend, she sacrificed her life for her brothers and sisters.

Nanda also acted in Iteefaq and many films like The Train and other films in the early seventies with heroes who had just begun their career - Rajesh Khanna, Jeetendra, Sanjay Khan,Sameer Khan etc; She like Asha Parekh remained unmarried although they were supposedly involved with film makers - Nanda with Manmohan Desai and Asha Parekh with Nasir Hussain !
thanks @ Usha Manohar, Itefaq the detective movie I forget the name, though in many movies, I do not like her as heroin but in some movies she is exceptional.

Nanda played a bold role in Iteefaq, quite a daring step to take during those days...Apparently the role was ofered to many leading ladies who all refused it because of the negative shade and the film had no songs and the leading lady is seen in a single dress only because it takes place in one night , but Nanda went ahead and it was one of her best roles !

I haven't seen this movie, but she was indeed a very talented performer. I liked her eyes a lot especially during the song Allah Tero Naam in Hum Dono, her eyes are just too fascinating! and yet she won only one Filmfare award!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: mohan manohar
Nanda started her film career at the age of eight, her father was a successful Marathi actor and director, he passed away when she was eight, she was elder child and for this she remain unmarried through out her life in order to take care her siblings. She remain unmarried for life, at the middle age her best friend persuaded her to marry manmohan desai,and she was engaged with her but desai died before materialization of marriage.

http://mohanmekap.com/

I haven't seen this movie, but she was indeed a very talented performer. I liked her eyes a lot especially during the song Allah Tero Naam in Hum Dono, her eyes are just too fascinating! and yet she won only one Filmfare award!

Kalyani, you must watch this film since it is very interesting and both Rajesh Khanna and Nanda have acted very well....You don't miss the songs since the suspense is enough to keep you glued...There are very few actors in the film - Sujit Kumar, Bindu and Ifthekar other than the lead pair ! It just shows how brilliant B R Chopra was as a film maker.. I agree, Nanda had very expressive eyes and Allah tero naam and her role in Hum Dono really stood out !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Kalyani, you must watch this film since it is very interesting and both Rajesh Khanna and Nanda have acted very well....You don't miss the songs since the suspense is enough to keep you glued...There are very few actors in the film - Sujit Kumar, Bindu and Ifthekar other than the lead pair ! It just shows how brilliant B R Chopra was as a film maker.. I agree, Nanda had very expressive eyes and Allah tero naam and her role in Hum Dono really stood out !

B.R. Chopra and brother Yash have done some daring experiments. Ittefaq, a movie without songs. I forgot that movie's name made with a single actor, I think it was Sunil Dutt.

B.R. Chopra and brother Yash have done some daring experiments. Ittefaq, a movie without songs. I forgot that movie's name made with a single actor, I think it was Sunil Dutt.

Rajesh Khanna acted in the movie Itefaq.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Rajesh Khanna acted in the movie Itefaq.

Yes. In my above thread a mistake rolled. Yaadein, which had Sunil Dutt in the lead role was a single actor Movie. But produced by Sunil Dutt not by BR chopra. My regrets.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Nanda and Wakeeda Rehman were very close friends and their friendship started ever since they worked together in Kala Bazaar . Nanda was also very friendly with Asha Parekh, Sadhana , Helen and Shammi Kapoor and they would meet regularly for lunch. It is really interesting that Nanda never acted with Shammi Kapoor in a single film.
Nanda was the highest paid star during the period between 1969 - 1973 after which other actresses like Hema Malini and Mumtaz took over...

Nanda and Wakeeda Rehman were very close friends and their friendship started ever since they worked together in Kala Bazaar . Nanda was also very friendly with Asha Parekh, Sadhana , Helen and Shammi Kapoor and they would meet regularly for lunch. It is really interesting that Nanda never acted with Shammi Kapoor in a single film.
Nanda was the highest paid star during the period between 1969 - 1973 after which other actresses like Hema Malini and Mumtaz took over...

Yes I read the reminiscences of Asha Parekh, it is really interesting and heartwarming to note that these ladies shared such a friendly and warm relationship with each other. While ladies of the present generation in the industry indulge only in catfights and normally have only scathing remarks about each other.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes I read the reminiscences of Asha Parekh, it is really interesting and heartwarming to note that these ladies shared such a friendly and warm relationship with each other. While ladies of the present generation in the industry indulge only in catfights and normally have only scathing remarks about each other.

Very true ! I remember how Sharmila Tagore was remembering Shammi Kapoor after he died.It seems he was in Switzerland just a couple of weeks before he died and called her to tell her that he was at Interlaken where they had shot for the song Akele akele kahan jaa rahe ho...Imagine the leading ladies of these days having time for such niceties !

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.