Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It is imperative that we become serious about natural resources but what is equally important is to change some things that we take for granted. For example, people now talk about rainwater harvesting, saving water etc. but are reluctant to change their ways. Also, whoever owns a bungalow or a house with open land surrounding should make it a point to leave the ground open and not cover it all up with concrete or tiles. Recently, I read in an article where it was said that such practice of covering open and parking spaces with concrete leads to rainwater wasting away in gutters, thus depleting natural water tables severely. This is a much much serious threat to rain cycle than any of us realize! So along with harvesting rainwater for daily usage, it is equally important to let the ground soak up the rains in a natural manner!

Totally agree with your views ! Rainwater harvesting is not at all difficult to implement since I have seen a few places where it has done wonders not just for the person but for the entire area. It is a one time investment, that too affordable and once implemented it is a life time benefit for such a large area.It is the best one can do for environment since we are showing respect for natures greatest gift to us - water , by preserving and conserving it.

Exactly...And the biggest contradiction of us is that we actually worship our rivers, we call them as life-giving mothers, erect temples in their name, have all sorts of celebrations as a way of showing our respects to teh rivers, and then we go and pollute them in all possible manners! :sick: :blink: Look at our rivers Ganga, Yamuna, Godavari, Krishna, there hardly would be a place in their entire length of journeys from origin to their ends that are not polluted. The thing is we never want to take responsibility of anything at all!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.