In his Marathon meeting with his cabinet,members, Narendra Modi stressed on the need of engaging good people in offices, Not relatives.
http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/engage-good-people-in-offices-not-family-members-pm-modi-to-his-ministers-534932?pfrom=home-lateststories
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Modi is indeed a person who is far sighted, so far none of his predecessors had stressed on this point. Just for the sake of reaping maximum benefits, people in position of power appointed their relatives in all the key jobs, eg. the Yadav clan in Bihar. The result, extreme chaos and misrule and poverty for millions! Now with the new dictate, times will hopefully change slowly and steadily!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

This is a good initiative. Hope all will learn from this and avoid proximity to relatives in political and official matters. I know one leader Raj Narain in Janata Party government who had clearly told his near relatives like nephews not to visit him even in his office.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

This is a good initiative. Hope all will learn from this and avoid proximity to relatives in political and official matters. I know one leader Raj Narain in Janata Party government who had clearly told his near relatives like nephews not to visit him even in his office.

TRS in Telangana has included in its cabinet 2 relatives of KCR, the CM of Telangana. One his own son and another his nephew. Now it's being called as a 'Family Cabinet." Of course people expected it as KCR is a selfish money monger.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani, Rajani K
But in a few cases, there can be a worthy relative worthy of being appointed. In such case there should be a transparent mechanism available. Being related should not be a reason for rejection.
But in a few cases, there can be a worthy relative worthy of being appointed. In such case there should be a transparent mechanism available. Being related should not be a reason for rejection.

People know who is a worthy relative and who is a parasite.
Then why do unworthy relatives get elected?
Then why do unworthy relatives get elected?

Because of unworthy supporters.
So majority are unworthy
So majority are unworthy

In few cases majority are unworthy. But on the National scale worthy. That's why they gave a mandate to a worthy government.
Politics in India has always been a family business. Right from the Gandhis it is still continuing. People in local buses place handkerchief to book a seat for their friend or relative.. it is just the same case with these unworthy politician.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.