After deciding to represent Varanasi, Narendra Modi took up the much awaited and much necessary project of “Clean Ganga.”
http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/pm-modi-s-clean-ganga-plan-ready-first-top-level-meeting-today-535504?curl=1401845918
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Wow, so fast! If this project is undertaken immediately and we see positive results soon, then it will be indeed a great achievement for Modi! Cleaning Ganga and subsequently all the other rivers in the country will benefit not only us, but our future generations too! :cheer:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Wow, so fast! If this project is undertaken immediately and we see positive results soon, then it will be indeed a great achievement for Modi! Cleaning Ganga and subsequently all the other rivers in the country will benefit not only us, but our future generations too! :cheer:

True. I must congratulate the PM for addressing a major environmental issue which was crying for attention since many governments.

True. I must congratulate the PM for addressing a major environmental issue which was crying for attention since many governments.

Until now, no one had determined the crucial issues and prioritized them in the order of their importance, Modi has done exactly that. Water problems are going to worsen in coming years and if we are to avoid conflicts, then we have to start conserving our water resources from now on and take extra efforts to make them clean and safe. If he succeeds, our generations will be grateful!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Until now, no one had determined the crucial issues and prioritized them in the order of their importance, Modi has done exactly that. Water problems are going to worsen in coming years and if we are to avoid conflicts, then we have to start conserving our water resources from now on and take extra efforts to make them clean and safe. If he succeeds, our generations will be grateful!

Modi is a man of vision and he knows his priorities. That's why he has taken a step to give the Nation Clean and Safe water. Entire country bows down with reverence for this constructive effort.
Ganga has been cleaned before also. But only cleaning is not the solution. The constant inflow of domestic, municipal and industrial wastes need to be stopped and diverted away from the river for treatment, then there will be no need to clean the Ganga. Let us hold back the euphoria for some time and watch. Nothing is happening for the first time.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani, suni51
Ganga has been cleaned before also. But only cleaning is not the solution. The constant inflow of domestic, municipal and industrial wastes need to be stopped and diverted away from the river for treatment, then there will be no need to clean the Ganga. Let us hold back the euphoria for some time and watch. Nothing is happening for the first time.

Cleaning encompasses treating industrial wastes also. What the previous governments done is an "Eye wash" cleaning of Ganga.

Cleaning encompasses treating industrial wastes also. What the previous governments done is an "Eye wash" cleaning of Ganga.

Hopefully we shall wait for 2019 report card.

Yes. That's a best suggestion you have offered.
Thank you said by: vijay

Even after one year viz. 2015, we shall get a fair idea about functioning of current government. I may add that even now there are rules about preventing pollution from industrial waste. The rivers are polluted from many sources.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Even after one year viz. 2015, we shall get a fair idea about functioning of current government. I may add that even now there are rules about preventing pollution from industrial waste. The rivers are polluted from many sources.

Rules are there. But unimplemented. They are as good as not there.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.