Maneka, women and child development minister mulls ban on junk food in schools. A good decision indeed.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Maneka-mulls-ban-on-junk-food-in-schools-across-the-country/articleshow/36056916.cms
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It is indeed very wise and welcome decision. Junk foods not just harm the general health of children but they also impair development of brain and give rise to a multitude problems such as obesity, high blood pressure and diabetes at a very young age.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It is indeed very wise and welcome decision. Junk foods not just harm the general health of children but they also impair development of brain and give rise to a multitude problems such as obesity, high blood pressure and diabetes at a very young age.

Very true. Children during their growing age should be given nutritious food. Canteens in the school and in the vicinity that sell junk food should be banned.
Actually many schools have now recognised the need to pay attention to what children eat. Earlier, more specifically until a decade ago, it was not a problem because of absence of McDonalds, KFC etc. but now that they have mushroomed everywhere children's food habits have directly changed. I also blame parents who think that since they can afford to buy such expensive food, it is good for their children.

But many schools in Maharashtra have made it compulsory for the parents to give only roti-subji and salad in their lunch box daily and this rule is strictly implemented.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Actually many schools have now recognised the need to pay attention to what children eat. Earlier, more specifically until a decade ago, it was not a problem because of absence of McDonalds, KFC etc. but now that they have mushroomed everywhere children's food habits have directly changed. I also blame parents who think that since they can afford to buy such expensive food, it is good for their children.

But many schools in Maharashtra have made it compulsory for the parents to give only roti-subji and salad in their lunch box daily and this rule is strictly implemented.

It is commonly believed that junk food is KFC, McDonald type come from abroad. Many items locally available are also junk like samosas, etc. However I also support the move to help children eat healthy food especially in their growing years. Banning is not an answer, awareness is.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, jabeen

It is commonly believed that junk food is KFC, McDonald type come from abroad. Many items locally available are also junk like samosas, etc. However I also support the move to help children eat healthy food especially in their growing years. Banning is not an answer, awareness is.

Awareness is some thing which this nation acquires when it is too late. Hence, a drastic action like banning a bad and unhealthy practice is the need of the hour. Of course Junk food is not restricted to McDonalds andKFCs alone. They are omnipresent.

Awareness is some thing which this nation acquires when it is too late. Hence, a drastic action like banning a bad and unhealthy practice is the need of the hour. Of course Junk food is not restricted to McDonalds andKFCs alone. They are omnipresent.

Liqour is banned in Gujarat and everyone knows from where to get it. A whole underground distribution system with connivance has been perfected over the years. Liqour is also like junk food , not good for health.

Liqour is banned in Gujarat and everyone knows from where to get it. A whole underground distribution system with connivance has been perfected over the years. Liqour is also like junk food , not good for health.

Be it anywhere,Gujrat or AP, a drastic action has to be taken in order to put an end to life threatening practices.

Be it anywhere,Gujrat or AP, a drastic action has to be taken in order to put an end to life threatening practices.

But banning is not the drastic action that is going to succeed as per past and present experience.

But banning is not the drastic action that is going to succeed as per past and present experience.

Banning with strict implementation is certainly a drastic action. If there is a failure of a policy, that policy is an eye wash policy.

Increasing the awareness is certainly the need of the hour. Banning would restrict them eating only within school premises but making the parents and children aware of the harm caused by eating such junk foods would ensure that the children eat healthy food everywhere. Here, teachers can play an important role in spreading awareness by discussing such issues regularly
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.