I stapled visa for Arunachal residents agoodwill gesture- as China says.

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/stapled-visa-for-arunachal-residents-a-goodwill-gesture-says-china/

http://www.firstpost.com/world/stapled-visas-will-stay-china-stares-down-modi-sushma-1564011.html

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The Chinese have bowled a googly at the new government in India. So far there is no response from our govt. They are cleverly sayong that it is a favour they are granting to J&K and Arunachal Pradesh residents if they want to travel to China instead of not granting them a visa at all. Self respect or Trade is the choice.
Please pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is a stapled Visa and how does it affect a person's ego??

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Please pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is a stapled Visa and how does it affect a person's ego??

I would like to know the same thing.

Generally the embassy of a particular foreign country in India will stamp a visa permission on the page of the passport of a Indian wanting to travel that foreign country. The Chinese are issuing the visa on a slip of paper to persons of J&K and Arunachal Pradesh and attaching it by a staple on their visa. It is not hurting the person's ego. It is the fact that China does not recognize these states as part of Indian Union. It is thus hurting the country's ego. Stamped visas are issued to persons of Pak occupied Kashmir.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Generally the embassy of a particular foreign country in India will stamp a visa permission on the page of the passport of a Indian wanting to travel that foreign country. The Chinese are issuing the visa on a slip of paper to persons of J&K and Arunachal Pradesh and attaching it by a staple on their visa. It is not hurting the person's ego. It is the fact that China does not recognize these states as part of Indian Union. It is thus hurting the country's ego. Stamped visas are issued to persons of Pak occupied Kashmir.

Oh is that so! It is indeed a matter of great chagrin and we must vehemently refuse such stapled visas. At the same time, it also shows how grave a concern this could become for us in the immediate future, for it is an open challenge of disproving our defined borders!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

The Chinese have bowled a googly at the new government in India. So far there is no response from our govt. They are cleverly sayong that it is a favour they are granting to J&K and Arunachal Pradesh residents if they want to travel to China instead of not granting them a visa at all. Self respect or Trade is the choice.

A toddler also can say that the Chinese cunning foreign policy about stapled visas will remain as it is. India never accepted the Stapled Visa system. Earlier governments done precious little in this regard. Anyhow, the talks are in progress with the new government.

A toddler also can say that the Chinese cunning foreign policy about stapled visas will remain as it is. India never accepted the Stapled Visa system. Earlier governments done precious little in this regard. Anyhow, the talks are in progress with the new government.

It is not fair to say that earlier governments have done nothing about it. One has to accept that these are long drawn diplomatic battles which are not easy to solve especially when the adversary is much mightier than you. A bitter fact but a real fact.

It is not fair to say that earlier governments have done nothing about it. One has to accept that these are long drawn diplomatic battles which are not easy to solve especially when the adversary is much mightier than you. A bitter fact but a real fact.

There were protests. But never could solve the stalemate.

The outstanding issues with China will call for skillful handling as it may involve redefining certain border areas - as per Chinese claims.

The outstanding issues with China will call for skillful handling as it may involve redefining certain border areas - as per Chinese claims.[/quote

It's time to counter the Chinese claims. The onus is on the new government.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.