A party must have 10 per cent of the strength of the House for its leader to be recognised as the leader of opposition.
http://www.rediff.com/news/report/bjp-not-inclined-to-give-lop-status-to-congress/20140611.htm
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
In my opinion, it serves them right!!! :evil: And during the reign of Jawaharlal Nehru, Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi as prime ministers, same situation arose so I think congress should accept this fact and people's verdict gracefully!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

In my opinion, it serves them right!!! :evil: And during the reign of Jawaharlal Nehru, Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi as prime ministers, same situation arose so I think congress should accept this fact and people's verdict gracefully!

True. People's verdict is the ultimate and the Congress should not only accept it. But it's high time for it to do a bit of self searching.

Actually leader of opposition had no significant role to begin with. Presntly, leader of oposition has role in many activities including appointrment of Lok Pal. Congress is not entitled to the position of leadership of opposition owing to smal numerical strength. This is a fact and there is no occasion to accept this gracefully or otherwsie or reject. All depends on rules.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Actually leader of opposition had no significant role to begin with. Presntly, leader of oposition has role in many activities including appointrment of Lok Pal. Congress is not entitled to the position of leadership of opposition owing to smal numerical strength. This is a fact and there is no occasion to accept this gracefully or otherwsie or reject. All depends on rules.

The rule says so. Irrespective of the party, rules are to honored in a democratic set up.

The rule says so. Irrespective of the party, rules are to honored in a democratic set up.

But today I heard on a TV channel that legal opinion says there is no need of LOP for appointments like Lok Pal. What is the right position? Yes Congress does not qualify for LOP because of a rule, but they are largest single opposition party -- some satisfaction!

But today I heard on a TV channel that legal opinion says there is no need of LOP for appointments like Lok Pal. What is the right position? Yes Congress does not qualify for LOP because of a rule, but they are largest single opposition party -- some satisfaction![/quote

About the legalities, i'm not aware. But if there is a rule, it should be adhered to.

But today I heard on a TV channel that legal opinion says there is no need of LOP for appointments like Lok Pal. What is the right position? Yes Congress does not qualify for LOP because of a rule, but they are largest single opposition party -- some satisfaction![/quote

About the legalities, i'm not aware. But if there is a rule, it should be adhered to.

Politicians make rules as per their convenience.

Yes, I agree. Politicians play the games in such a way,their win is always assured. They are the umpires. They are the players.

Yes, I agree. Politicians play the games in such a way,their win is always assured. They are the umpires. They are the players.

We are the clappers !!

We are the clappers !!

Their paid band of sycophants.
Thank you said by: vijay
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.