At noon I was trying to access facebook today but surprisingly it was giving an error. Few hours later in the evening I saw the news that the largest social networking site Facebook today had a global outage for 30 minutes impacting 1.2 billion people all over the world? Do you think that these social networking sites have become our daily dosage and their outage can even lead to frustrations some times?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
At noon I was trying to access facebook today but surprisingly it was giving an error. Few hours later in the evening I saw the news that the largest social networking site Facebook today had a global outage for 30 minutes impacting 1.2 billion people all over the world? Do you think that these social networking sites have become our daily dosage and their outage can even lead to frustrations some times?

Personally, outage did not have any effect on me. If there is an outage, I will not pull my hair and cry. I take it as a very normal happening.
Yh, it had been, it is due to maintenance of server and generally most hosts have observed that sort of down time for maintenance activities, personally, I do not access FB more, I was doing few years back now, I used to post my article there, I use Google Hangout instead.

http://mohanmekap.com/

I came to know about this Facebook outage only today when I opened the newspaper, can you believe it? A 30-minute outage has become a news item! :blink: It proves how the mankind has become a slave to technology! :dry:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I came to know about this Facebook outage only today when I opened the newspaper, can you believe it? A 30-minute outage has become a news item! :blink: It proves how the mankind has become a slave to technology! :dry:

True. Technology srarted dictating human lives. We are no more living our lives.

True. Technology srarted dictating human lives. We are no more living our lives.

So there does exist a conspiracy to turn us all into robots that are really intelligent but who cannot think for themselves! :woohoo: :woohoo:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

So there does exist a conspiracy to turn us all into robots that are really intelligent but who cannot think for themselves! :woohoo: :woohoo:

To some extent this conspiracy to turn humans in to Robots succeeded. Facebook fever has become endemic.
Some instrument like virtual cloud server so that caching of pages stays it live even during such outrages. many webmasters have been opting for c loud fare such cloud solutions in order to make their sites alive all the time.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Any how the problem has been rectified within 30 minutes by the Facebook technocrats.such outages are common, more so for a site like Facebook which has a very big user base.
no I didn't face any issue while surfing Facebook but heard of people complaining that fb wasn't running properly.

I log in Facebook daily but I don't get frustrated for such temporary difficulty. Life is not smooth anywhere. There is even traffic jam. Incidentally, I came to know about Facebook hurdle only through newspaper.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.