Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Ever since Modi has been elected as the PM, I see some ray of hope in terms of a better and a brighter India. When Modi made it a rule saying no more attestation of important documents/certificates are required since we need to provide the original for various official works, it made sense. And now asking officials to be punctual and disciplined will definitely pay off in the long run.

His overall motto is 'minimum government, maximum governance'
Ever since Modi has been elected as the PM, I see some ray of hope in terms of a better and a brighter India. When Modi made it a rule saying no more attestation of important documents/certificates are required since we need to provide the original for various official works, it made sense. And now asking officials to be punctual and disciplined will definitely pay off in the long run.

Perhaps it should be 'optimum government,optimum governance' - already reports are coming that many ministers are feeling the strains of handling many ministeries.

Perhaps it should be 'optimum government,optimum governance' - already reports are coming that many ministers are feeling the strains of handling many ministeries.

Yes. Many ministers are feeling the stress. It shows How Modi is determined to drive away that old habits of easy going.
I remembered reading an article which mentioned Narayan Murthy of Infosys praisingh Modis capabilities as an able administrator, found the article after googling...
http://www.indiatvnews.com/business/india/narayana-murthy-lauds-modi-as-the-finest-administrator--5727.html

I agree everyone should come on time - it maintains discipline. But sitting late is not a proper practice, especially because someone higher in the hierarchy is sitting late. It is a waste of time as the support staff has left and all lights are kept on and few staff members who stay back have to be paid overtime. Instead the superior authority should inform in advance to such officers who are needed on a particular day to stay back.

This should be the ideal scenario to achieve maximum productivity and superior work. Sadly, in the corporate world, it is the authority figures who walk in quite late and sit through late evenings trying to get their work done and they expect their juniors to accompany them all the way. Juniors then slowly start coming in late too and it becomes a trend. I have seen this happen all the time and I used to suffer during my appraisals since I refused to stay back late! :unsure:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I remembered reading an article which mentioned Narayan Murthy of Infosys praisingh Modis capabilities as an able administrator, found the article after googling...
http://www.indiatvnews.com/business/india/narayana-murthy-lauds-modi-as-the-finest-administrator--5727.html

I agree everyone should come on time - it maintains discipline. But sitting late is not a proper practice, especially because someone higher in the hierarchy is sitting late. It is a waste of time as the support staff has left and all lights are kept on and few staff members who stay back have to be paid overtime. Instead the superior authority should inform in advance to such officers who are needed on a particular day to stay back.

This should be the ideal scenario to achieve maximum productivity and superior work. Sadly, in the corporate world, it is the authority figures who walk in quite late and sit through late evenings trying to get their work done and they expect their juniors to accompany them all the way. Juniors then slowly start coming in late too and it becomes a trend. I have seen this happen all the time and I used to suffer during my appraisals since I refused to stay back late! :unsure:

Refusing to stay back is a good stance you have taken. In my case once when I refused to stay back I was warned of dereliction of duty.and insubordination. These are the factors Modi has determined to scrap.

Asking people to work late just because the senior most person sits till late is exploitation. Karl Marx has proved in his Das Capital how the owners gain by making people work more and be paid only on 8 hour basis. You are very right in your observations.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Actually, such things affect the senior officers and staff proximate to minister in the secretariat. Most staff in the country seldom see a minister. Personally, I served for twenty two years in central government service. In my entire service, I never saw a minister during course of job.

The control of subordinate offices is more by way of reports and returns. Most ministers cannot be even aware of various offices under their control in the entire country.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Actually, such things affect the senior officers and staff proximate to minister in the secretariat. Most staff in the country seldom see a minister. Personally, I served for twenty two years in central government service. In my entire service, I never saw a minister during course of job.

The control of subordinate offices is more by way of reports and returns. Most ministers cannot be even aware of various offices under their control in the entire country.

Exactly. But why such hulla bulla is being made as if officers will only now start working.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Asking people to work late just because the senior most person sits till late is exploitation. Karl Marx has proved in his Das Capital how the owners gain by making people work more and be paid only on 8 hour basis. You are very right in your observations.

Over staying with a purpose is strong determination to clear the accumulated and piled up works of some body's laziness and "Who cares " attitude. Over staying simply because the light in the senior officer's is still glowing is foolishness. I refused to follow this foolish norm.
There is what is called protocol in al gvernment deoartments which is nothing but a hinderance to all lower officers and government serbvants since they cannot move an inch before their seniormost does...Indians are good at holding on to such useless hangovers from British days which they have left and moved on ! I guess the top leaders and officers get pleasure out of this - watching the juniors waiting on them and suffering in silence !!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.