Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
There is what is called protocol in al gvernment deoartments which is nothing but a hinderance to all lower officers and government serbvants since they cannot move an inch before their seniormost does...Indians are good at holding on to such useless hangovers from British days which they have left and moved on ! I guess the top leaders and officers get pleasure out of this - watching the juniors waiting on them and suffering in silence !!

I fully agree with you on this. I have witnessed many times MD's from the IAS cadre keeping people who have taken appointments waiting for no reason but to show them their "power". An IAS officer in Delhi once kept me waiting for nearly four hours after giving me an appointment. I became friendly with the peon and asked him what is the guy doing inside, no one has gone in. After sometime he opened up and said he is showing his importance to you - most of the time he is smoking cigars. Finally the peon told me you go in - do not wait for his call. When I entered he was facing the wall behind him and puffing his cigar. He was surprised but attended to me. While leaving I asked him why he made me wait so long. He just looked beyond me. I have seen my own company MD's do this to visitors. Attitudes need to change. Can Modi do it - let us wait and watch.

This happens in almost all government offices where this is the only way the officers can show their superiority since we hardly see them doing actual work. This is either the way to make people more submissive towards their authority or simply a way to make the needy cough up money, probably a way of getting bribes without actually asking! :dry: :blink:

Exactly. This is one way of fleecing in a glorious way.
There is what is called protocol in al gvernment deoartments which is nothing but a hinderance to all lower officers and government serbvants since they cannot move an inch before their seniormost does...Indians are good at holding on to such useless hangovers from British days which they have left and moved on ! I guess the top leaders and officers get pleasure out of this - watching the juniors waiting on them and suffering in silence !!

I fully agree with you on this. I have witnessed many times MD's from the IAS cadre keeping people who have taken appointments waiting for no reason but to show them their "power". An IAS officer in Delhi once kept me waiting for nearly four hours after giving me an appointment. I became friendly with the peon and asked him what is the guy doing inside, no one has gone in. After sometime he opened up and said he is showing his importance to you - most of the time he is smoking cigars. Finally the peon told me you go in - do not wait for his call. When I entered he was facing the wall behind him and puffing his cigar. He was surprised but attended to me. While leaving I asked him why he made me wait so long. He just looked beyond me. I have seen my own company MD's do this to visitors. Attitudes need to change. Can Modi do it - let us wait and watch.

Things will not change in a jiffy but we can only hope, since Modi is committed to bring in positive changes. He will have to face many hurdles put by the minority opposition and it depends on him and his determination ! I feel that he will definitely bring in changes that wd help our country..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: mohan manohar

Things will not change in a jiffy but we can only hope, since Modi is committed to bring in positive changes. He will have to face many hurdles put by the minority opposition and it depends on him and his determination ! I feel that he will definitely bring in changes that wd help our country..[/quote

Bad practices in all spheres of life were deeply settled in all the governmental activities. No one ever bothered to amend them. Now at least Modi has taken the initiative. Though not for the end result which takes time, at least for taking the initiative I appreciate Modi.

Things will not change in a jiffy but we can only hope, since Modi is committed to bring in positive changes. He will have to face many hurdles put by the minority opposition and it depends on him and his determination ! I feel that he will definitely bring in changes that wd help our country..
At least it seems the government is in work, not in stealth mode, this time monsoon is worrying factor though.

http://mohanmekap.com/

At least it seems the government is in work, not in stealth mode, this time monsoon is worrying factor though.

They say a good starting is Half work done. If you have a vision and good intention anybody is bound to succeed. Late arrival of Monsoon of course add more miseries to the people as well as the government.

Yes Monsoon is a worrying factor, by now here in Mangalore where we have one of the heaviest rainfalls, this year round we have had 40% shortage but according to weather dept the coming month will make up for that, but there might be floods ..Onion prices are supposed to go up and this will be bad for the government since they will get criticised even if they are not directly responsible..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: mohan manohar

Yes Monsoon is a worrying factor, by now here in Mangalore where we have one of the heaviest rainfalls, this year round we have had 40% shortage but according to weather dept the coming month will make up for that, but there might be floods ..Onion prices are supposed to go up and this will be bad for the government since they will get criticised even if they are not directly responsible..

Monsoon will be much lesser than normal this year according to the weatherman . This leads to price rise naturally. Knowingly and unknowingly people attribute the reason for price rise to the government.
It is good to be punctual but it seems most punctual people are bit worried about completing every job on time.

Punctual people are never worried. They have a very specific action plan that works like well oiled machine.
Attending time always worries some thing which punctual people are always aware of.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.