The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Everybody is entitled to voice their opinion and agree or disagree with observing Sanskrit week or not. However, even if Sanskrit has been given the status of second official language in Uttarakhand it is for good and for reviving it back.

Mausami Ghosh. If you wish to give respect and promote a language, you should not make mockery. Obviously, Uttarakhand Government cannot work in Sanskrit and cannot even publish any government notification in Sanskrit. What is the meaning of 'official language'. Main or second, government work should be done in that language. I am sure that Uttarakhand Government does not issue any letter or Notifiation in sanskrit. You may confirm this by visiting official site of Government of Uttarakhand. Thus designation of sanskrit as official language is in fact misnomer as well as mockery. The Government of Uttarakhand has created a very anomolous position and made mockery of Sanskrit. This is not 'honor' but a cruel joke. This is indeed very ridiculous.

I am giving link of Government of Uttarakhand. Please discover if they have issued any single notification in Sanskrit. If not, declaring Sanskrit as 'offcial language' is ridiculous.

http://uk.gov.in/home/index1

The official language of Uttarakhand is not something I should get defensive about. I got the information from HT "“Under Article 345 of the Constitution, the Uttarakhand Legislative Assembly has passed the proposal to make Hindi the official language and Sanskrit the second official language of Uttarakhand state,” Radhika Jha, Additional Secretary, Sanskrit Education, said on Tuesday."

Here is the link

Moreover, I am not following the news on this particular issue..so this is my reference for what I wrote.

BTW..my name is spelt as Mousumi Ghosh :)

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Everybody is entitled to voice their opinion and agree or disagree with observing Sanskrit week or not. However, even if Sanskrit has been given the status of second official language in Uttarakhand it is for good and for reviving it back.

Mausami Ghosh. If you wish to give respect and promote a language, you should not make mockery. Obviously, Uttarakhand Government cannot work in Sanskrit and cannot even publish any government notification in Sanskrit. What is the meaning of 'official language'. Main or second, government work should be done in that language. I am sure that Uttarakhand Government does not issue any letter or Notifiation in sanskrit. You may confirm this by visiting official site of Government of Uttarakhand. Thus designation of sanskrit as official language is in fact misnomer as well as mockery. The Government of Uttarakhand has created a very anomolous position and made mockery of Sanskrit. This is not 'honor' but a cruel joke. This is indeed very ridiculous.

I am giving link of Government of Uttarakhand. Please discover if they have issued any single notification in Sanskrit. If not, declaring Sanskrit as 'offcial language' is ridiculous.

The official language of Uttarakhand is not something I should get defensive about. I got the information from HT "“Under Article 345 of the Constitution, the Uttarakhand Legislative Assembly has passed the proposal to make Hindi the official language and Sanskrit the second official language of Uttarakhand state,” Radhika Jha, Additional Secretary, Sanskrit Education, said on Tuesday."

Here is the link

Moreover, I am not following the news on this particular issue..so this is my reference for what I wrote.

Thank you Mousami Ghosh. No doubt Sanskrit has been declared second official language in Uttarakhand. But they do not work in this language. There is no notification in Sanskrit by the Government of Uttarakhand. Incidentally the announcement of Sanskrit as official language is also in English. This is definitely ridiculous and serves no purpose.

Moreover, I feel very sorry for the students of Uttarakhand. They are being made to learn sanskrit as compulsory subject. This will waste valuable energy and time of students to learn a language that will serve no purpose.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Here is the link

Thank you Mousami Ghosh. No doubt Sanskrit has been declared second official language in Uttarakhand. But they do not work in this language. There is no notification in Sanskrit by the Government of Uttarakhand. Incidentally the announcement of Sanskrit as official language is also in English. This is definitely ridiculous and serves no purpose.

While we are debating, perhaps the Sanskrit Week is over. The greatness or richnes of sanskrit can never be debated bur what can be is its usefulness in present times. which is negligible. It is a relic of our ancient past and all efforts to keep it alive to the extent those who find it useful for research and other purposes should be supported. Today English is a link language used officially and gradually use of Hindi is also going up.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Thank you Vijay for giving balance and factual view. Sanskrit is definitely great for rich literature and ancient knowledge and is also relevant for religious rituals. But its usefulness othrwise is negligible. Now I think this topic needs be closed.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.