Yesterday night during a heavy rainfall of about 250 mm, a mountain top crashed and caused major landslide in a Village called Malin in Pune district. This village is situated in a very remote mountainous region and the incident came to light only when a State Transport bus driver discovered on his daily route at 6 am yesterday morning. On nearing the village to pick up regular passengers, he could not see the road nor could he see any houses in the village. That is when terror struck him and he realised what had happened. The village consists of about 800 residents about half of which are feared trapped.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-28559617

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
An unfortunate incident. More unfortunate is the inability of the Rescue Team to reach the buried hampering the operations due to bad weather. By the time weather becomes normal, i shudder even to think of how many dead bodies surface from under the rubble.
images.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
An unfortunate incident. More unfortunate is the inability of the Rescue Team to reach the buried hampering the operations due to bad weather. By the time weather becomes normal, i shudder even to think of how many dead bodies surface from under the rubble.

It is so unfortunate, it was a tiny but beautiful village just until 24 hours ago. The rescue attempts are seriously hampered due to mud, rains, lack of accessibility etc. It is situated only 70 kilometres from Pune city!

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 11102]}

Thank you said by: rambabu

It is so unfortunate, it was a tiny but beautiful village just until 24 hours ago. The rescue attempts are seriously hampered due to mud, rains, lack of accessibility etc. It is situated only 70 kilometres from Pune city!

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 11102]}[/quote

Your picture speaks volumes about its beauty. Fate has reduced the Beauty to shambles in a moment. I have been watching this in news channels since its happening.

Your picture speaks volumes about its beauty. Fate has reduced the Beauty to shambles in a moment. I have been watching this in news channels since its happening.

The villagers are all very simple, tribal folks, peaceloving people. What's more the village is just 30 kilometres away from Bhimashankar temple, one of the 12 Jytorlingas!

Thank you said by: rambabu
Natural disaster. same has happened in Uttarakhand yesterday night.

http://www.comparenshop.in

The villagers are all very simple, tribal folks, peaceloving people. What's more the village is just 30 kilometres away from Bhimashankar temple, one of the 12 Jytorlingas!

Is it? That this unfortunate village so close to the famous Bhimashankar, one of the 12 jyotirlangas, is news to me. Thanks Kalyani for the info.

Is it? That this unfortunate village so close to the famous Bhimashankar, one of the 12 jyotirlangas, is news to me. Thanks Kalyani for the info.

Yes, it is so close to Bhimashankar. Last year Uttrakhand, this year Malin, although both the tragedies are uncomparable in magnitude and scale, yet one can't but wonder and think whether the gentleman with the serpent necklace from the Kailas is trying to pass a certain message!

It is really unfortunate..and the death toll is on the rise..about 150 are still buried. It is Ambegaon...though I haven't visited this village...but have been to Bhimashankar. The scenic beauty ..the stretch from Pune to Bhimashankar was really awesome!

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

It is really unfortunate..and the death toll is on the rise..about 150 are still buried. It is Ambegaon...though I haven't visited this village...but have been to Bhimashankar. The scenic beauty ..the stretch from Pune to Bhimashankar was really awesome!

Very true..that entire strip is breathtakingly beautiful and amazing! You live in Pune too? Which part?

Yes, it is so close to Bhimashankar. Last year Uttrakhand, this year Malin, although both the tragedies are uncomparable in magnitude and scale, yet one can't but wonder and think whether the gentleman with the serpent necklace from the Kailas is trying to pass a certain message![/quote

Certainly there is a message from that gentleman with serpent around his neck. ." Hey Mortal, you abused my creation that's created for you. You are responsible for this. Now suffer."
Disasters do not happen. They are caused.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.