China has started construction of an airstrip in the disputed region of South China Sea. They feel that the area belongs to them rightfully and they will do whatever they please! Will this lead to another armed conflict??? :blink:

http://www.economywatch.com/news/china-begins-construction-at-spratlys.15-05.html

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Chinese action is provocative but may not result in major war.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

But there aggression in South China sea is a threat to many countries including Philippines and the fact that they are building an airstrip means they are going to deploy an army there sooner or later! I think USA will not allow that to happen and that might result in a conflict!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

But there aggression in South China sea is a threat to many countries including Philippines and the fact that they are building an airstrip means they are going to deploy an army there sooner or later! I think USA will not allow that to happen and that might result in a conflict!

Both China and USA are today heavily dependent on each other economically. USA has deficit running into trillions of dollars because of thye Iraq and Afghanistan wars and recession at home. China has booming trade with USA as it has become a low cost supplier of cheap labor oriented products amounting to billions of dollars to USA. China in turn deposits a major chunk of its dollars back into USA which helps run the US economy. So they will make noises but not go to war. China is a growing military power and will continue to expand its strategic frontiers. We should worry about Chinese intrusions into our borders.
Chinese intrusions not only in our borders they are few months before made intrusion in japan also. USA and china always want to dominate the world.
Chinese intrusions not only in our borders they are few months before made intrusion in japan also. USA and china always want to dominate the world.

All economic powers want to dominate the world in some way or the other - it is a natural tendency - India is economically weak and presently can not do so.

Both China and USA are today heavily dependent on each other economically. USA has deficit running into trillions of dollars because of thye Iraq and Afghanistan wars and recession at home. China has booming trade with USA as it has become a low cost supplier of cheap labor oriented products amounting to billions of dollars to USA. China in turn deposits a major chunk of its dollars back into USA which helps run the US economy. So they will make noises but not go to war. China is a growing military power and will continue to expand its strategic frontiers. We should worry about Chinese intrusions into our borders.

That is why I feel that there will be no major war on this issue.

There may not be a major war, but tension builds up. And there may be a possibility of minor exchange of fire and subsequent casualties.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

There may not be a major war, but tension builds up. And there may be a possibility of minor exchange of fire and subsequent casualties.

This is what is called cold war. There was a long period of cold war between western powers and Soviet Union but never two actually entered in war.

Thank you said by: rambabu
K

That is why I feel that there will be no major war on this issue.[/quoteI

This is what is called cold war. There was a long period of cold war between western powers and Soviet Union but never two actually entered in war.

True. As you said, these skirmishes finally end up as provocative actions.
China has been constantly trying to show its powers in the north eastern regions and has been extending it to South China Sea as well,,,I have a feeling that their close proximity to Pakistan too has some role in this !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.