There has been a sudden outburst of Coxsackie viral infection or hand, foot, and mouth disease in schools in Kolkata. In my kid's school several children are affected and it is highly contagious. It spreads with direct contact with nose and throat discharges and feces. Symptoms are fever, runny nose and loss of appetite. After that blisters are seen on hands and feet. In severe cases the blisters spread inside the mouth and body of young children. Parents if see such symptoms should immediately take their children to doctors. Doctors generally give an ointment which is to be applied to the affected area. I thought of sharing this news as parents of young children generally below 10 years should be specially careful.

I love writing and sharing ideas

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
There has been a sudden outburst of Coxsackie viral infection or hand, foot, and mouth disease in schools in Kolkata. In my kid's school several children are affected and it is highly contagious. It spreads with direct contact with nose and throat discharges and feces. Symptoms are fever, runny nose and loss of appetite. After that blisters are seen on hands and feet. In severe cases the blisters spread inside the mouth and body of young children. Parents if see such symptoms should immediately take their children to doctors. Doctors generally give an ointment which is to be applied to the affected area. I thought of sharing this news as parents of young children generally below 10 years should be specially careful.

Thanks for sharing this news...and bringing this to our notice.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

As it is highly infectious disease and its more prevalent in Schools and educational institutions, Schools should isolate the affected children and quarantined..
As it is highly infectious disease and its more prevalent in Schools and educational institutions, Schools should isolate the affected children and quarantined..

Yes actually in my kid's school I have seen the school authorities are checking each and every kid while they are entering the school. Many of the kids are being sent home immediately if any blister is found. There is no vaccination for this disease. Actually this disease persists for 5 days to 12 days and then it gradually subsides. The only thing is it is highly contagious and it hampers the appetite a lot. In some cases there is also a burning sensation due to the blisters.

I love writing and sharing ideas

Yes actually in my kid's school I have seen the school authorities are checking each and every kid while they are entering the school. Many of the kids are being sent home immediately if any blister is found. There is no vaccination for this disease. Actually this disease persists for 5 days to 12 days and then it gradually subsides. The only thing is it is highly contagious and it hampers the appetite a lot. In some cases there is also a burning sensation due to the blisters.

The school authorities doing a great job. Along with this they should alert the municipal health authorities too.

This is a good thing to quarantine infected children..this will curb the infection from spreading..I think parents should not leave it for the school authorities..they should not send their kids to school if they see any sign of symptoms of this infection. Kids have low immunity and infections spread much faster.

ooxsackie viral infection though it occurs mostly in children, it affects adults too. Hence because of its quick spreading naturer, not only schools but the entire society is at risk.
Your school taken the right step. Deceases are increasing. Day by day we are losing our immunity power. The person who have low immunity power gets affected quickly. Our white blood count should be high then only we will not get affected immediately by some diseases. School children are not taking good foods. Morning time they are busy and never concentrate on food and eat quickly and reach the school in time. Evening again tuition..or something is going on. Parents should take care in their children by giving healthy foods. So that we can save our children from at least regular occurring deceases.
Indeed it is the collective responsibility, which should be borne by both parents, teachers alike.

Indeed it is the collective responsibility, which should be borne by both parents, teachers alike.

The entire Society is at risk. Because children have weak immunity, they fall prey easily to this disease. An earlier check up with the appearance of its first symptoms would go a long way.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.