Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
In a recent aecheological discovery a step well that is more than 5000 years old has been found in Kutch, apparently larger than Mohenjadaro ..Dating back to the Bronze age , there is excavation work being carried out to reveal all that is buried underneath !

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/5000-year-Harappan-stepwell-found-in-Kutch-bigger-than-Mohenjo-Daros/articleshow/44638220.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=TOIz

This stepwell is a rare thing to see in modern times, haven't seen such a stepwell...drawing water from such well would be much easier.

In fact in Rajasthan and Gujrat there are quite a few stepwells old and not so old. The pne I visited in Gujrat was well preserved although it was a few hundred or even a thousand year old...have posted a picture of the same that I took..

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 11135]}

Which one is this? I have seen the one at Adalaj near Ahmedabad! It is a very magnificent and beautifully preserved structure!
DSC02994.JPG (You do not have access to download this file.)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

In a recent aecheological discovery a step well that is more than 5000 years old has been found in Kutch, apparently larger than Mohenjadaro ..Dating back to the Bronze age , there is excavation work being carried out to reveal all that is buried underneath !

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/5000-year-Harappan-stepwell-found-in-Kutch-bigger-than-Mohenjo-Daros/articleshow/44638220.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=TOIz

This stepwell is a rare thing to see in modern times, haven't seen such a stepwell...drawing water from such well would be much easier.

In fact in Rajasthan and Gujrat there are quite a few stepwells old and not so old. The pne I visited in Gujrat was well preserved although it was a few hundred or even a thousand year old...have posted a picture of the same that I took..

Which one is this? I have seen the one at Adalaj near Ahmedabad! It is a very magnificent and beautifully preserved structure!

It is the same one Kalyani...I too was very impressed by it :) , one more picture...

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 11136]}

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: rambabu, Dwarakanathan

It is the same one Kalyani...I too was very impressed by it :) , one more picture...

A Breath taking view. Simply spellbinding.
Thank you said by: usha manohar

Very well constructed. Air circulation and sun lights are easily entering to the well. Now-a-days in some wells we can see cockroach and mammals and there is no water. The ancient people constructions are still standing out.
Even in Golconda, the water conservation systems are still marveled by toda's Town planners The fort has an ingeniously evolved water supply system. The water raised by Persian wheels was stored in overhead tanks at different levels. Water thus collected was effectively distributed to various mahals,

http://asi.nic.in/asi_monu_tktd_ap_golconda.asp

Very well constructed. Air circulation and sun lights are easily entering to the well. Now-a-days in some wells we can see cockroach and mammals and there is no water. The ancient people constructions are still standing out.

True, it is scientifically planned and executed and still stands in excellent condition...
P9280157.JPG (You do not have access to download this file.)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

True, it is scientifically planned and executed and still stands in excellent condition...

It is indeed a very beautiful place. Here's the photo from a different angle taken by me of that stepwell.

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 11137]}

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It is indeed a very beautiful place. Here's the photo from a different angle taken by me of that stepwell.

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 11137]}

Very nice ..I too have a similar picture taken at the very spot ... :)

Thank you said by: rambabu
All the photos contributed by the members made a feast to my eye. Additionally, they spoke loudly about The Indian heritage especially archeological marvels.
My special thanks to Usha.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.