Well, a good news for women make-up artist ..after 60 long years of ban, women folk who are almost seen in every industry are finally going to work as make-up artists too in Bollywood. But having read this news piece why weren't women allowed to work as make-up artist in the first place. Both men and women can become make-up artists and certainly men have competition else where too, so why a bias only in this field?

http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/11/04/india-bollywood-women-idINKBN0IO12820141104

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am surprised! I didn't even know that women artists were banned but I owed it to the fact that being a make-up artist in Bollywood meant long and unhealthy working hours and hence were daunting for women who have additional responsibilities at home. All in all, I say its a good sign, better late than never!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Mousumi Ghosh
All is not fair everywhere. Traditionally, some jobs are for men and others for women. Teaching and nursing have always been considered women jobs whereas police, army and driving men's. But now things are changing. There is nothing like men's and women's. anyone may do any job.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Dwarakanathan
But there was no such one in practical. I have seen many women makeup artiste with different filmy personalities. I have read this news item but I do not give it a dime.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I am surprised! I didn't even know that women artists were banned but I owed it to the fact that being a make-up artist in Bollywood meant long and unhealthy working hours and hence were daunting for women who have additional responsibilities at home. All in all, I say its a good sign, better late than never!

Even I had the same reaction, no wonder we only see men as make-up artist every time we see some news in the backstage during interviews of actors. I used to ask this question..but now I know the reason.

@Gulshan Ajmani: I agree times are changing and there are hardly any jobs where women are not seen.

All is not fair everywhere. Traditionally, some jobs are for men and others for women. Teaching and nursing have always been considered women jobs whereas police, army and driving men's. But now things are changing. There is nothing like men's and women's. anyone may do any job.

Really the time has changed. Women, if they have the will, can do anything what men do. In Kerala, the land of coconut, there are several woman coconut climbers who have been trained in climbing coconut trees using machines. They have taken it as a profession and earn a good amount everyday.

Really the time has changed. Women, if they have the will, can do anything what men do. In Kerala, the land of coconut, there are several woman coconut climbers who have been trained in climbing coconut trees using machines. They have taken it as a profession and earn a good amount everyday.

That's a great thing to do..women really have gone ahead and taken up any thing today that was only supposed to be done by men.

Even I had the same reaction, no wonder we only see men as make-up artist every time we see some news in the backstage during interviews of actors. I used to ask this question..but now I know the reason.

@Gulshan Ajmani: I agree times are changing and there are hardly any jobs where women are not seen.

I have never seen women make-up artistes, all the famous and well-known artists are men only. The truth is the filmy environment is definitely not easy and congenial for women to make a career. But the more daring and adventurous women can no go for it!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Well, a good news for women make-up artist ..after 60 long years of ban, women folk who are almost seen in every industry are finally going to work as make-up artists too in Bollywood. But having read this news piece why weren't women allowed to work as make-up artist in the first place. Both men and women can become make-up artists and certainly men have competition else where too, so why a bias only in this field?

http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/11/04/india-bollywood-women-idINKBN0IO12820141104

It is a good news for women artist. I think man has dominated in this field due to lack of women concentration on that field. Some actress personally like men make-up artist because they know very well about them and how to show their face on the screen beautiful.Now time is changed. women involves in every field so it is a welcome move.

It is a good news for women artist. I think man has dominated in this field due to lack of women concentration on that field. Some actress personally like men make-up artist because they know very well about them and how to show their face on the screen beautiful.Now time is changed. women involves in every field so it is a welcome move.

Yes, indeed, even if people may have seen women make-up artist, it now going to become an official go ahead for women to work as make-up artist.

But there was no such one in practical. I have seen many women makeup artiste with different filmy personalities. I have read this news item but I do not give it a dime.

I agree with Sunil as i have seen most of women make-up artist in film industry in south. I don't know how Bollywood film industry. Nowadays women are stepping in on all industry. This is a good news. :)

Vinu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.