Today it is 25 years since the day the Berlin Wall fell. Here is a link showing poignant photographs of the making of the wall and since, the wall that commemorates a great chunk of history!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-08/25-years-since-the-fall-of-the-berlin-wall/5877218

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Today it is 25 years since the day the Berlin Wall fell. Here is a link showing poignant photographs of the making of the wall and since, the wall that commemorates a great chunk of history!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-08/25-years-since-the-fall-of-the-berlin-wall/5877218

The pictures bring memories both bitter and sweet.It was indeed a great happening and the maturity with which both the sides handled it was really a lesson for all....East Germany was economically backward at that time and with communism coming to an end I guess this was inevitable. Part of the wall is still preserved since it has historic value.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

The pictures bring memories both bitter and sweet.It was indeed a great happening and the maturity with which both the sides handled it was really a lesson for all....East Germany was economically backward at that time and with communism coming to an end I guess this was inevitable. Part of the wall is still preserved since it has historic value.

Yeah, actually many pieces of wall have been displayed in numerous countries in Europe and other parts of the world, probably a grim reminder of our own past mistakes. But such walls , visible or invisible still remain between boundaries of so many countries.

Thank you said by: usha manohar
It is refreshing to remember the unification of two germanies and fall of the Berlin wall. Later Vietnam was also united. India, pakistan and bangladesh also may one day unify as one India.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

It is refreshing to remember the unification of two germanies and fall of the Berlin wall. Later Vietnam was also united. India, pakistan and bangladesh also may one day unify as one India.

True...that is why Berlin wall I find Berlin wall quite fascinating. In spite of decades of coercion and at the cost of thousands of lives, the wall failed to divide the people in their hearts! Wishing it will ever happen in case of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh seems like a dream but we can never stop dreaming of such a thing!

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

True...that is why Berlin wall I find Berlin wall quite fascinating. In spite of decades of coercion and at the cost of thousands of lives, the wall failed to divide the people in their hearts! Wishing it will ever happen in case of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh seems like a dream but we can never stop dreaming of such a thing!
There is a cardinal difference as to why such a reunification can NEVER take place in the sub continent. The difference there was in political ideology while here it is RELIGION. Islam and Hinduism cannot mix and any unification can only be if India is declared a Islamic state. Ponder friends , dreams die first so wrote harold Robbins.

MG Singh wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

There is a cardinal difference as to why such a reunification can NEVER take place in the sub continent. The difference there was in political ideology while here it is RELIGION. Islam and Hinduism cannot mix and any unification can only be if India is declared a Islamic state. Ponder friends , dreams die first so wrote harold Robbins.

What you say is indeed a fact...and yet we cannot deny that many of the Muslims are quite simple hearted and are as close to their Hindu neighbours as other communities. We see so many examples of unity and harmony in many villages and cities of India. Sadly, the Muslim madarasas are feeding venom into minds of their people and the congress party is adding fuel to it. If this particular factor were not present, then our dreams could have had a chance. So all we can do is dream on even though they may die first.

@kalyani. In my 2 visits to Pak recently I have seen a different approach. The Pakis also dream of a united India, but they are nostalgic about ruling India again as they ruled for 900 years. I will write an article on this shortly. Pakis want the muslim flag again to fly from red fort. Mind you they are confidential it will happen and they bank on 18-20 crore Muslims in India to help.

Dreaming of United India by Pakis. is OK But the ruling of India as in the past will remain as a mere dream

Yes Muslims in Pakistan will be dreaming of ruling India as they ruled for nearly thousand years. Pakistan was created as a separate homeland for Muslims from undivided India. It is expected that our government and defence forces will be taking steps to factor this desire of many Pakis in their plans for the country. If only we can break the Berlin Walls within Hinduism due to caste etc practices we can emerge a more stronger nation. Our educated people should deelop a pride for India in their hearts. 

Berlin walls within Inda ? What a metaphor!!Very apt and appropriate.  I agree with you. It's necessary for the educated to develop a pide in ther hearts to strengthen India.

Thank you said by: vijay
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.