Lack of adequate facilities leave 16 newborns dead in Bilaspur, Chhatisgarh. The no.of babies are more and the equipment to supoort post birth complications are less leading to death of so many new born babies. Why can't the Govt. hospital doctors shift them to private hospitals, it is more costly than the lives of babies?

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/16-newborn-die-in-a-week-at-chhattisgarh-hospital/?SocialMedia

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Yes, the answer is that.  But the private hospitals do not come cheap and the parents of most of these new born children are very poor people.  Not only in Bilaspur, we had the most horrible thing when ten plus children died just after birth or were still born in a Government hospital in Dharmapuri, Tamil Nadu.

In India, we do not have any social justice.  A big cheat like Vijay Mallaya can ruin one airline, strip the airline of all its assets, and simply sit in a huge stadium and clap for his IPL team, when the loss to the banks is estimated at over eight thousand crore rupees.

Even if a fraction of this amount is spent on healthcare, we will not be having such disasters.  This is the worst that can happen to very poor people.  Naxalites are born only out of such official apathy.

Let the Government force the Corporates to give facilities voluntarily, from their profits.  Let such donations or amount spent, become tax free.

This is the only way to equip our hospitals and make them far better than what they are now.

Lack of facilities and doctors puts extra load on government hospitals and results in such unfortunate deaths. India is a unique country - it educates on subsidised fees students to become doctors and then permits them to migrate abroad. There are thousands of Indian doctors in USA and UK and this has caused lack of adequate doctors in India. For them white babies are more important then Indian babies.Can we prevent such migration.

Yes, the answer is that.  But the private hospitals do not come cheap and the parents of most of these new born children are very poor people.  Not only in Bilaspur, we had the most horrible thing when ten plus children died just after birth or were still born in a Government hospital in Dharmapuri, Tamil Nadu.

In India, we do not have any social justice.  A big cheat like Vijay Mallaya can ruin one airline, strip the airline of all its assets, and simply sit in a huge stadium and clap for his IPL team, when the loss to the banks is estimated at over eight thousand crore rupees.

Even if a fraction of this amount is spent on healthcare, we will not be having such disasters.  This is the worst that can happen to very poor people.  Naxalites are born only out of such official apathy.

Let the Government force the Corporates to give facilities voluntarily, from their profits.  Let such donations or amount spent, become tax free.

I agree the plight of govt. hospitals in India across various cities and towns are same, certainly corporates can donate but govt. should do something for better treatment facilities and free medical aid to people who cannot afford to go to private nursing homes. 

This is the only way to equip our hospitals and make them far better than what they are now.

The newly formed AP state started several facilities in the medical arena for eligible people depending on their income.  Reimbursement of medical charges is one of them.

Govt hospital did not have much doctors and experience doctors are treating their patients to their private clinic and earning more money. They consult the patients in Government hospital and treatment begins from their private clinics. Some govt doctors are doing their work sincerely but due to over pressure they are also not able to save all patients life. Money playing a important role than the life of a person. There is a facility to carry the dead person to home by ambulance free for the patients who are not spending money towards that but the drivers asking bribe and the staffs in the hospital also asking money to leave the body from the mortuary.

Govt hospital did not have much doctors and experience doctors are treating their patients to their private clinic and earning more money. They consult the patients in Government hospital and treatment begins from their private clinics. Some govt doctors are doing their work sincerely but due to over pressure they are also not able to save all patients life. Money playing a important role than the life of a person. There is a facility to carry the dead person to home by ambulance free for the patients who are not spending money towards that but the drivers asking bribe and the staffs in the hospital also asking money to leave the body from the mortuary.

Absolutely, doctors pay a visit to patients in govt. hospitals and carry on their business privately from clinics. In fact in Pune, we went to a homeopathic doctor because homeo medicines are considered good for small babies, I was shocked to hear his medicine fee it was around 3000/- can you imagine that even homeo medicines to be this expensive. I agree the medicines are good and working but the fee and money is too much. Gone are the days when doctors would charge less, in fact we are ready to pay but not something that we can't digest.

I was astonished to hear that Homeopathic medicines are so expensive. Generally all Alternative medicines are quite cheap. In my place there is Homeopathic practitioner who charges Rs. 150I as consultation fees and the medicines . Subsequent vists are free of cost. Still better is naturopathic medicines for babies, which are free from side effects.

Absolutely, doctors pay a visit to patients in govt. hospitals and carry on their business privately from clinics. In fact in Pune, we went to a homeopathic doctor because homeo medicines are considered good for small babies, I was shocked to hear his medicine fee it was around 3000/- can you imagine that even homeo medicines to be this expensive. I agree the medicines are good and working but the fee and money is too much. Gone are the days when doctors would charge less, in fact we are ready to pay but not something that we can't digest.

I heard that pune is famous for homeopathic medicines but i don't know the medicines cost that much for a baby. It is too much but considering the side effects from allopathy it is best to treat in homeopathy. The persons who are not having much money in hand will suffer more if govt hospital did not care about the patients.

I heard that pune is famous for homeopathic medicines but i don't know the medicines cost that much for a baby. It is too much but considering the side effects from allopathy it is best to treat in homeopathy. The persons who are not having much money in hand will suffer more if govt hospital did not care about the patients.

In this respect AP is doing better. Depending on the income, the government will reimburse a portion of the medical expenditure , wherever the patient undergoes treatment.

In this respect AP is doing better. Depending on the income, the government will reimburse a portion of the medical expenditure , wherever the patient undergoes treatment.

Yes, even i was shocked to hear the fee, visiting fee is 300 and subsequent fee is 200/- Pune is costly as compared to AP i believe.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.