Thirty seven year old Vivek Murthy of India made all Indians proud. He's the youngest and first Indian citizen of India to take up the coveted position of Surgeon general of America.

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/indian-american-vivek-murthy-becomes-youngest-surgeon-general/20141216.htm

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

He is a US citizen. Why should  Indians be proud when thousands of Indian doctors have  conveniently migrated  leaving medical facilities  in India suffering.

He is a US citizen. Why should  Indians be proud when thousands of Indian doctors have  conveniently migrated  leaving medical facilities  in India suffering.

No compulsion whatsoever . If you want to be ashamed , go ahead.

It is a matter of regret that achievements of foreign citizens are being usurped as a matter of pride for all Indians by self appointed representatives.

Merit nothing but merit counts for me be it a foreigner or Indian. I'm a broad hearted individual .

As a Indian i am very proud about this doctor and if he continue the work in India it will be great helpful for the Indian citizen also. There is always a saying that in foreign counties they are treating people with care and if necessary they ask the patients to take the X-ray and other medical tests. But in India when we reach hospital they first ask us to take X-ray even though we already taken it some where.

As a Indian i am very proud about this doctor and if he continue the work in India it will be great helpful for the Indian citizen also. There is always a saying that in foreign counties they are treating people with care and if necessary they ask the patients to take the X-ray and other medical tests. But in India when we reach hospital they first ask us to take X-ray even though we already taken it some where.

Had Murthy remained here, he would have become another corrupted doctor. 

Murthy could not have remained here because he was born in England and migrated to USA in his childhood only and is a US citizen. As per logic provided all doctors who remained in India are corrupted doctors. For unwittingly praising a foreigner and then changing the goal post, please do not spite fellow countrymen. It is not fair. Professionals who are working in India are real patriots and not those who left for greener pastures.
Murthy could not have remained here because he was born in England and migrated to USA in his childhood only and is a US citizen. As per logic provided all doctors who remained in India are corrupted doctors. For unwittingly praising a foreigner and then changing the goal post, please do not spite fellow countrymen. It is not fair. Professionals who are working in India are real patriots and not those who left for greener pastures.

I know, he was born in England. His father migrated to UK. But still he's Of Indian origin doctor. . I complemented his excellence in his field. Even the Indian origin community in America honored him. It takes lot of courage to complement one.

Goal posts are being changed as more data is becoming available. Murthy has been appointed to the post because he was a prime fund collector for Obama's reelection. In USA it is an accepted practice to reward prime fund collectors usually by being appointed as ambassadors. No problems with that. But why should Indians dance at this highly political and less meritorious appointment is not clear. He is a foreign citizen. Also shall appreciate if adjectives are kept out. Let it be a fair exchange of fact based opinions.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.