Here is a detailed account about the Bharat Ratna Awards, the highest civilian Award of India.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/list-of-bharat-ratna-recipients/article6722456.ece

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Thanks for the information. But I have one doubt. Can any historical figure also be given this award. Madan Mohan malviya died before independence. He is not contemporary. Then how the award given to him. Can Bharat ratna award e given to Rani Laxmi Bai, Lala Lajpat Rai, Dara shikoh, akbar, Chanakya or Chandra Gupta Maurya as well. I hope some one will clarify. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: rambabu
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Thanks for the information. But I have one doubt. Can any historical figure also be given this award. Madan Mohan malviya died before independence. He is not contemporary. Then how the award given to him. Can Bharat ratna award e given to Rani Laxmi Bai, Lala Lajpat Rai, Dara shikoh, akbar, Chanakya or Chandra Gupta Maurya as well. I hope some one will clarify. 

You have raised a pertinent doubt sir. When Malaviya got Bharat Ratna aftter his death, why not Lakshmi bai of Jhansi? I think the Awards committee should take a look at such pertenent questions.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Like all aspects of our society the selection of awardees for Bharat Ratna has also got politicised. It is inevitable as decisions are initiated by PM who is a political creature and the President will not oppose or disapprove. In such circumstances should such awards be given at all. Not a single defence person has got it. Sachin got it only after hard lobbying. There should be a ban on dead persons being given posthumous awards except defence persons for obvious reasons. The selection of dead persons is a vote catching tool.The ruling party is in a permanent election mode.

Bharat Ratna is the highest and best civilian award given by Indian Government. This award is given for exceptional service.

I have one doubt, If Malavia got bharat ratna award after his death means Why our father of our nation "Gandhi" name is not in the list?. Moreover the leader like Vajpayee can't able to receive the award if it given to him due to his old age. Why they are giving awards so late for the persons who shown their achievement towards country and its growth.

vijay wrote:

Like all aspects of our society the selection of awardees for Bharat Ratna has also got politicised. It is inevitable as decisions are initiated by PM who is a political creature and the President will not oppose or disapprove. In such circumstances should such awards be given at all. Not a single defence person has got it. Sachin got it only after hard lobbying. There should be a ban on dead persons being given posthumous awards except defence persons for obvious reasons. The selection of dead persons is a vote catching tool.The ruling party is in a permanent election mode.

Actually defence pesonnel are entitled to galantry awards- highest being param Vir Chakra. The Bharat Ratna and padma awards are called ciilian awards. So any military person wil not get such civilian award.  As regards psosthumous award, this is okay. But this also needs consideration whether those who died long ago are also covered by such scheme. adan Mohan Malviya died even before independence. I wish to ask whether Bahadur Shah Zafar, Manal Pandey, emperor Akbar are also covered b the scheme.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.