Religious conversions is a burning topic. This has become a bone of contention between religious commnities. I doubt the wisdom behind such conversions. All religions have some merit. If this is just a matter of belief, one may hold independent views even without changing religion. To elucidate, if a Hindu find that some thing is good in Islam and Christianity, he can hold his views and follow the ideals. Where is the need to change religion. 

I feel that religion is not just a set of beliefs. A religious community has its separate law on inheritance, marriage and other rituals on birth, marriage and death. Every one belongs to some community. Thus religion is determined at birth itself. Personally, I a an atheist and also believe in some teachings of islam as well as Christianity. There is a lot of wisdom in Hindu religion as well. Is it not okay to remain in the religious community in which one is born?  Can one not believe in teachings of religions other than own? 

Is it okay to ban religious conversions? 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
No replies found for this topic.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.