Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Parental guidance plays a pivotal role. After all home is the place from where good habits or bad habits form. Only then Teachers come in drafting the destiny of a child.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

It is scary to think that youngsters even if they are small in number are so backward in their thinking. I have heard the way our high school sudents speak and know for a fact that they think of girls as toys or inferior beings meant for their pleasure and use...I blame the parents and the society for such mindset, this inpsite of the fact that you get to see and hear about so many cases of violence and rape ..

You must have heard such opinions firsthand since you come into direct contact with students! And Usha what is more worrying is that many of these youngsters belong to the so-called hi-profile convent and English medium schools. One would think that with such kind of modern education, these students would develop a healthy attitude towards women, but it seems to be quite the contrary!

I agree that education or rather degree education has nothing to do with ones mindset....I see a lot of sensible thoughts coming from youngsters coming from villages .I feel it is more to do with your surroundings, exposure and parental guidance

Usha, rural villages are the ones that still have some kind of proper Indian family structure remaining and there are many people in the family to care for children and to teach them values. In cities children are left to the mercy of daycare people, maidservants who care two hoots about any values or moral education. Children pick up the way their caregivers behave which is totally different and contrary to what we normally value as appropriate.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

It is scary to think that youngsters even if they are small in number are so backward in their thinking. I have heard the way our high school sudents speak and know for a fact that they think of girls as toys or inferior beings meant for their pleasure and use...I blame the parents and the society for such mindset, this inpsite of the fact that you get to see and hear about so many cases of violence and rape ..

You must have heard such opinions firsthand since you come into direct contact with students! And Usha what is more worrying is that many of these youngsters belong to the so-called hi-profile convent and English medium schools. One would think that with such kind of modern education, these students would develop a healthy attitude towards women, but it seems to be quite the contrary!

I agree that education or rather degree education has nothing to do with ones mindset....I see a lot of sensible thoughts coming from youngsters coming from villages .I feel it is more to do with your surroundings, exposure and parental guidance

Usha, rural villages are the ones that still have some kind of proper Indian family structure remaining and there are many people in the family to care for children and to teach them values. In cities children are left to the mercy of daycare people, maidservants who care two hoots about any values or moral education. Children pick up the way their caregivers behave which is totally different and contrary to what we normally value as appropriate.

Exact;ly Kalyani. The concept of joint families was forced to give place to the nuclear families with the so called modernization and development. And the results of Nuclear families are well before all of us to see where the children are left in the lurch both by the Caretakers and the parents. The age old "Matru devo Bhava, Pitru devo bhava and Acharya devo bhava"  has become the thing of the past

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

The past always sounds romantic, the present chaotic and future uncertain. It is the judgmental interpretation based on surveys that is problematic. The results of limited sample survey are extrapolated to project a frightening scenario. The reality is something different. "Matru Devo Bhava _____" is always going to be true and cannot become a thing of the past. It is the inability of certain self appointed societal caretakers to accept the changing realities which leads to pessimism. What is happening today was happening in past also and will continue in future also. The magnitude changes with population size. The joint families had their time and now nuclear families are the order of the day. Both have their plus and negative points. Why keep harping always on negative points. We must  learn to accept change.I repeat the young are as patriotic and caring as were we when we were of their age. At that time also there were moaning elders crying hoarse as to where the society is going. India is a much better country today than yesterday and it is the young who will take it much faster to a still better tomorrow. Trust them.

Patriotism is a comparative term. Not absolute. It changes from time to time. Bhagat Singh was patriot to the Indians. But not to the Britishers.

Indian youth are patriotic to India and that is not a comparative term, it is a reality which will not change with time. 

The fact is some of us rise to the occasion when the need comes the another fact is some of us take things lightly but know what is wrong and what is right. Same is the story of Indian youth that passes all tests when the need arises. We cannot blame our youth based on a random survey. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

vijay wrote:

Indian youth are patriotic to India and that is not a comparative term, it is a reality which will not change with time.

I'm sure you are not aware of those students who were caught while leaving the country to join ISIS. If this is what you call patriotism, I'm afraid "Patriotism" has to be redefined.

I am sure you are not aware of a recent news report which stated that surprisingly only four youths from India and two from Pakistan are reported to be  in ISIS. Surely from a combined population of nearly 1.4 billion people "patriotism" need not be redefined. 

so you agree that there are some traitors among the Indian students. And now how can you say affirmatively that Indian students are patriots?????

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.