Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Basing our opinion or judgement on results of a survey could be a preety dicey affair.More so when it involves the most dynamic and volatile section of our nation. It is not about the size of samples rather the representativeness of its subject that makes its reliability and acceptability quotient higher. Without going into such farfetched aspects of patriotism or pessimism and optimism bits, let us deal with issues which the Indian youth are confronted with. It is unmistakably clear that the cataclysmic changes that the past few decades

have wrought in have greatly influenced their behavior significantly and they are in the midst of a grim struggle and challenge to relate themselves to these. Uncritical criticism would do as much harm as smug adulation that nothing is happening really as if only nit-pickers and fault-finders are out to make much ado about nothing!!!!

In the past 3-4 decades we have seen an enormous change in lifestyles and also priorities of our youth.Most of them want to better themselves and also would like to follow western values to a certain extent.There is nothing wrong in that except that their basic attitudes have remained more or less the same - this because of the home atmosphere and the pressures of the society.Most of them do not think that women are equal to them nor do they need to be respected.It is only a small percentage that has mentally evolved to a level where they are able to treat women at par and do not feel threatedned when they come across educated ,confident and evolved women...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

The treatment of women in the society itself is in a horrible condition. I am yet to come across with a single young man who come forward and  fight for the woman's plight in the society. Rather, it's the youth who are the main culprits in the rape cases. Expecting something from the youth in the present scenario is mere greediness.

@Usha I am rather tempted to ask myself the question: was it any better some 30 years back for a woman? I can vouchsafe for the fact that it has not got worse if not better. The same youth who are being pilloried for their insensitivity to women issues,rocked the nation over the 'Nirbhoya' movement. It is state which is the worst culprit in this regard.Take the example of our knee-jerk reaction and resultant ban on an enlightening BBC documentary- ridiculous to say the least.The same archaic practice of sweeping the dirt under the carpet as existed in olden times.Finally those who love to bash our youth are glossing over one important truth which is the role of our institutions of a broad spectrum including political ,cultural, economic and social in shaping up what are youths today. For a defective, faulty end-product the manufacturer and his or her processes should get the flak!
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani, usha manohar

We need to change our mentality and not ban documentary film. Moreover, double standard on so called 'honor'  of rape victim also needs be removed. Strangely, a man boasts of his sexual relation with other women whereas a woman is considered having lost her honor even if she is raped. If man does not lose honor, how does a woman. This is what harms women more than physical rape. 

http://www.dw.de/%E0%A4%95%E0%A4%BE%E0%A4%A8%E0%A5%82%E0%A4%A8-%E0%A4%A8%E0%A4%B9%E0%A5%80%E0%A4%82-%E0%A4%AE%E0%A4%BE%E0%A4%A8%E0%A4%B8%E0%A4%BF%E0%A4%95%E0%A4%A4%E0%A4%BE-%E0%A4%AC%E0%A4%A6%E0%A4%B2%E0%A4%A8%E0%A5%80-%E0%A4%B9%E0%A5%8B%E0%A4%97%E0%A5%80/a-18293011

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

We should not go totally by surveys. all the surveys were proved wrong in the Delhi election, but I agree there is a fringe in India that has a warped thinking. What can be done about them ?

I don't know how much truth in this study... But if it is true than it is a sad thing, they all need some kind of booster.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com

That is worrisome, from child hood education and awareness about such should be taught and read as well in order wipe out such mentality since early adolescence. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

The fault lies with the elders. They failed to accept changes with the time, and they want their children also should follow the suit. That's why this conflict arises.

MG Singh wrote:

We should not go totally by surveys. all the surveys were proved wrong in the Delhi election, but I agree there is a fringe in India that has a warped thinking. What can be done about them ?

We are not merely going by surveys alone. And the fringe you speak about is quite large in numbers which is what makes it more worrisome. I have had the opportunity to work constantly for more 10 years with the young people between the ages of 22 to 30 years, consisting of graduates of various degrees including engineering and architecture amongst others. The way these people think is way too worrisome and disturbing. Of course not all think like that, but proportionate to the population in India, their numbers are too too little.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.