The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
vijay wrote:

Why are you over reacting is not understandable. The reason for bringing this Section it now comes out was by couple of Ministers to stop some detrimental information to them from coming in social media. The present govt could have removed it but continued with it. I raised the point because both party leaders are welcoming its deletion which looks strange. I have not questioned why it is deleted but why it was brought in first place so that it can be prevented in future. Kindly desist from calling contributions of others as irrelevant otherwise something like Section 66 may come in force in the Forum also.

Im well within the limits of this forum

Self certification .

I know my strengths and weakness. Who can know about myself more than me? I don't wait for somebody's validation and evaluation. I'm capable of certifying myself.

By the way, don't deviate from the subject of the thread

It has been once again left to the Apex court to step in and restore sanity in our democratic order. The very idea smacked of authoritarianism of the darkest kind.Our lawmakers were abysmally ignorant of the extant provisions of our criminal laws to deal with offences contemplated while enacting this section. Shame upon them!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
rambabu wrote:

It has become habit to view everything under microscope. If section 66A is scrapped, it's because, since long this has been considered as Draconian and an invasion on freedom of expression.  Questions like, "why it was brought now" sound funny. Don't these people remove garbage in front of their homes?

They should thank the govt for scrapping the junk at least now

Removal of garbage differs from scrapping the draconian law.  What is useful at one time but is stale and useless later is called garbage.  What about Section 66A. Was this useful when enacted?  Do the rulers even now think that this is useless. In fact, they still pleaded in support of this section.  They would still not scrap this. It goes to credit of apex Court and the efforts of activists who raised the issue in Apex Court  that the Section is no more operative. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
rambabu wrote:

It has become habit to view everything under microscope. If section 66A is scrapped, it's because, since long this has been considered as Draconian and an invasion on freedom of expression.  Questions like, "why it was brought now" sound funny. Don't these people remove garbage in front of their homes?

They should thank the govt for scrapping the junk at least now

Removal of garbage differs from scrapping the draconian law.  What is useful at one time but is stale and useless later is called garbage.  What about Section 66A. Was this useful when enacted?  Do the rulers even now think that this is useless. In fact, they still pleaded in support of this section.  They would still not scrap this. It goes to credit of apex Court and the efforts of activists who raised the issue in Apex Court  that the Section is no more operative. 

Whoevere might have taken the initiative, be it the Apex court or the activists, I'd say, it's a good thing that happened.

QED

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.