Now its the Policeman who lost his eye with David Miller's Shot... Are there no precautionary measures undertaken in this regard. And how come such situations arise.. Are they not careful (The policeman or the Batsman)...

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Such incidents are rare. Police or watchers should maintain a safe distance from the Net practice. I'm sorry for the injured Policeman.

It is indeed a rare situation but the thing that surprises me is that whether the person in watchman post is not in a position to react or is he busy with some other thoughts. He should have seen the ball.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

I know cricket injuries starting from Nari Contractor, the legendary Indian opener with Pankaj Roy to the onfield tragedies of cricket. But this is the first time of this kind Though there are safeguards like closed net from all the three sides are provided.

This is a rare case as I have rarely seen someone directly been hit on an eye. Actually we react so fast when something comes to our eyes. But that's right there should be some precautionary measures to avoid such incident in future.

Will there be any compensation paid by the authorities in this regard. Either by the employer or by the IPL franchise...?

Our reacting to this incident is justified, because getting injured by a non- player during net practice is rare.

Thank you said by: epraneeth77

Policeman should be looking at people considering it is his duty and the batsman is practicing not seeing police but the hands of bowlers no one is guilty of this but precautionary measures like planting of net should be done in the first place to secure bystanders and trespassers.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Let's not have any speculations. We do not know as of date what conditions led to this bizarre and rare accident.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.