Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The problem with our leaders is that they do precious little where  poor people and their plight is concerned but spend lavishly on other things, that's the reason why space research may seem like wasteful expenditure which it is not ! I wish the government curbs other innumerable wasteful expenditure instead , so that it is used for bettering the lot of the needy !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

rambabu wrote:

Do you remember Kalyani an year ago we, in this forum discussed about those who felt spending on Space research is mere waste?

Actually even the NASA praised ISRO for its low expenditure which is much less than the cost involved in making a Bollywood movie.

Yes, I remember we discussed it at great length. People spend far more on third class Bollywood movies than the amount is spent on such research. Truth is, still a significantly low amount of money is spent on space research and other fundamental sciences and there needs to be more involvement into these.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

And every ISRO project was proved and praised by the Space research giants like NASA for its highly utilitarian purposes like early warning systems of natural disasters.

It was because of Nehru's vision that right from independence India has been spending adequate funds on nuclear and space research even though it looked out of sync with our poverty status at that time. Today we are reaping the benefits of these investments and far reaching vision. Best brains have contributed in all spheres. It is stressed repeatedly even by PM that we are doing many space programs at much lower costs than NASA. It  looks so but comparing US salaries and costs with Indian salaries and costs is not proper and fair.It has been estimated that in call centres in India the monthly salary paid to an employee is equal to about 3 or 4 days salary paid to a similar employee in US. let us be appreciative but not go over the hill

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Here we have to see if ISRO is conducting its programmes with a shoe string budget or not. We also have to see how much money it  is earning through its utilitarian projects. Other things need not be taken in to consideration.

A nation must have priorities. India invariably invites comparison with China which has been regularly launching space men and space statioins. To say our space is cheaper is neither here nor there  as a PG in physics  and my interaction with scientists at ISRo, 2 of who are my classmates, the space research done in India is just duplicate of what is done by US and other nations. Its infructuous and not needed.

The first priority is food and Medicare for entire population.  Our percapita consumption of food grain gone down and 99% of masses have no Medicare. Have people ever thought that there are nations intent on removing hunger and improving living standards and not doing space research , which in any case we lag. So people must think. An example is our National physical labs who have wasted crores and done no research in any field. Even Modi commented it.  

It all sounds hearsay version. Why don't your friends come out bravely and disclose that Space research done in India is a duplicate?

rambabu wrote:

It all sounds hearsay version. Why don't your friends come out bravely and disclose that Space research done in India is a duplicate?

It is put in black and white in a research paper, but ignored by top brass of concerned organisation if they admit, their empire will go. Please comment on second part of my post also..

MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

It is put in black and white in a research paper, but ignored by top brass of concerned organisation if they admit, their empire will go. Please comment on second part of my post also..

It is a discussion forum. Unless your opinion is supported by an authentic version, i refuse to express my comments and unnecessarily prolong the discussion.

rambabu wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

It is a discussion forum. Unless your opinion is supported by an authentic version, i refuse to express my comments and unnecessarily prolong the discussion.

I also do not want to discuss anything with you further. You can't prove a thing wrong on what I have written. Topic for me is closed I sign off.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.