This is good news since earlier we saw cops with minimum educational qualifications given too much power which they misused. Now, with the new trend of highly qualified people deciding to join the police force, one sincerely hopes that a positive change takes place in the face of policing ..

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/IPS-officers-with-medical-engineering-degrees-are-changing-the-face-of-policing/articleshow/48137820.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=TOI

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

This trend is noticeable very clearly. The administrative services are considered more lucratruive and prestigious. So Engineering and medical professionals also enter civil services.  There is one disdvantage of this. We have shortage of doctors. Some other professionals may also be short. The money spent on professioinal training is national waste if the professionals join administrative services instead. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

This trend is noticeable very clearly. The administrative services are considered more lucratruive and prestigious. So Engineering and medical professionals also enter civil services.  There is one disdvantage of this. We have shortage of doctors. Some other professionals may also be short. The money spent on professioinal training is national waste if the professionals join administrative services instead. 

Actually for a bright student entering the professional degrees through merit, the expenses is not all that much...If the youngsters want to enter civil services , we must encourage them and hope that they do their job and not think of filling their pockets !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The competition of IAS is getting tougher so the candidates sitting for different Masters programs try for administrative services too. We shall see more Engineers, Doctors and MBAs as IAS/IPS in coming years.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:

The competition of IAS is getting tougher so the candidates sitting for different Masters programs try for administrative services too. We shall see more Engineers, Doctors and MBAs as IAS/IPS in coming years.

Yes it is tough to get good grades in IAS for those without reservations but for those really committed and knowledgeable it is not so...

IAS and IPS may draw engineers or doctors but the policing or administering is not going to change. IPS is basically an arm chair posting where after a couple of years in the field they spend their rest of career in close A/C rooms. They know how to keep the  politicians happy and life is cozy. IPS must comeon the field and supervise on the job. They are out of touch with ground reality and become file pushers. It is the lowly sub inspector who is the real policeman in India.

Most of the IPS officers have to take tough  decisions,  which makes them directly responsible for law and order situations .So it is neither a relaxing job nor is it an easy one at that ,,

The quality of new breed of IAS and IpS is below par as 49% of seats are reserved for OBC znd BC. People want to join because of the overhead money that comes in. I have interacted with this fraternity for 2 decades and service to country is no longer the aim. No wonder doctors also join in. They also want the gravy that goes with these appointments.

MG Singh wrote:

The quality of new breed of IAS and IpS is below par as 49% of seats are reserved for OBC znd BC. People want to join because of the overhead money that comes in. I have interacted with this fraternity for 2 decades and service to country is no longer the aim. No wonder doctors also join in. They also want the gravy that goes with these appointments.

In fact I too am of the same view, mentioned this somewhere....The moment you have reservations , you can be sure that quality comes down..

The phrase "Service to the country " is no longer be seen in the lexicons of many jobs in the country. These IAS and IPS jobs are no exceptions.Yes. I agree Reservations is the reason for this sad state of affairs.

Thankfully one positive aspect one gets to see now is that most of these officers are fit and trim unlike the good old police officer with pot bellies and slow gait which instantly lowered  confidence levels. I see that the present day lot are better maintained , smarter and have better manners ..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.