Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
chinmoymukherjee wrote:

FDI is a function of economic logic and it woul

be pretty naive to attribute sucess of bringing foreign capital to any particular.Global capital would always move to its most efficient destinations.Having said that I must say the Modi government has been fairly successful in his first year but the sheen is off in the year that

has followed it.Many reforms which he intended to embark upon ,could not see the light of the day mainly because of his own shortcoming and the rare show of opposition unity based on cynical negativity to keep India perpepetually in economic quagmire.

That neatly sums up the entire issue ...I sincerely hope that Modi keeps up his promises and not become another has been PM who could not deliver...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree with Chinmoy. Modi should ensure that his first year's sheen is retained in the coming years too. 

So he should increase his foreign tours. @Chinmoy has put it very aptly that FDI is a function of economic logic-----. But some in the forum believe that it is linked to PM's tours abroad. PM is lucky to have such followers.

Not all PM's tours are money earning tours. Some of them are mere " Goodwill tours". After all having good relations with other countries  is a part of functions of the PM.

It was a motivated question to justify his foreign tours. Nothing wrong in PM visiting abroad as goodwill tours but why link it with FDI and create a perception. After all some in forum also have fallen for it.

Without visiting other countries and also welcoming other foreign leaders we would have no progress in either our foreign investments nor in diplomatic relationships, either way Modi is making commendable progress unlike the previous PM who only toured the world...

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Modis-foreign-trips-bringing-better-dividends-than-Manmohan-Singhs/articleshow/47464275.cms

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

India became the third largest economy on PPP basis a few years back under the previous PM. Why are the Modi followers continuously comparing the two PMs and always stating that the  present PM has won. What purpose does it serve, Every PM works to the best of his ability given the circumstances he/she finds in. The present PM is already feeling the heat but he will try his best like the previous PM.

Is not better to go to a country for investing in India than " Come to my country to invest here ? It is a question of subtle relationship.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.