Daughters are treated equally with Sons. This attitude of treating the son as the Supremo is gradually disappearing.

Megastar Amitabh Bachchan, a United Nations ambassador for the girl child, has wished his fans and followers a ‘Happy Daughter’s Week’, and has stressed on the importance of daughters as they are a matter of pride.

http://www.thehindu.com/entertainment/having-a-daughter-equals-10-sons-big-b/article7518968.ece?homepage=true&w=ma446

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Although that is the title of the article there is no mention of it anywhere -You have given a wrong title - Nowhere in the article has Amitabh said that having a daughter equals ten sons...He has only said that daughters are special..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

My title is OK. I did not say anywhere that AB has said " Having a daughter equals 10 sons ". I think writer has that much of freedom to interpret. Any How  I'm changing the title. Thanks for the suggestion.

rambabu wrote:

My title is OK. I did not say anywhere that AB has said " Having a daughter equals 10 sons ". I think writer has that much of freedom to interpret. Any How  I'm changing the title. Thanks for the suggestion.

I was referring to your title which said that before, now that you have changed it, its ok...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The title is what the site published. Anyhow I too felt the need for a change in the title.

Either way I feel the title given by the Times is inappropriate given the fact that Amitabh has a son and how would he feel on reading what his father says ? No doubt Abhishek too has a daughter but why bring in this unnecessary comparison between sons and daughters ...For a parent both are  precious and as special..

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

When a celebrity endorses a subject it;s value increases. Irrespective of his having sons or daughters. The article is intended to to stress on the "Gender Bias. ". How the present times seeing an emancipated attitude towards Gender Bias can be expressed however.

We can stay limited to daughters are special. Even I can say that without being a celebrity but I have no scale to measure their degree of specialty so I will not measure it. All children are equal with parents points of views maybe some of us prefer a particular one a bit more than other. Gender no consideration. In my case I have no choice.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I agree. It's your views that counts. Yes an emancipated father or parents like you can air your views. I know you have only one daughter who made you proud.

suni51 wrote:

We can stay limited to daughters are special. Even I can say that without being a celebrity but I have no scale to measure their degree of specialty so I will not measure it. All children are equal with parents points of views maybe some of us prefer a particular one a bit more than other. Gender no consideration. In my case I have no choice.

Even if you had a choice, i doubt if you would distinguish between the two...I have daughters and a son , they are all different in their temperament and attitudes , so I have to deal with them differently which sometimes brings out protests from them saying you are partial to the other.Since all of them say this, I say that shows I am fair and explain why I have to deal with them differently but where my feelings are concerned it remains the same for all... 

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
suni51 wrote:

Na Putrasya Gatirnasti so goes a Sanskrit saying. Which means it's only son who can pave the way to Moksha or salvation. Now this outdated adage is being defied and women are coming forward even to perform the last rites of parents.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.