Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I am not sure if free education should be compulsory for all...Government n doubt has to make provisions for schools but it need not be free for all !

By the way there is spelling mistake in the title..

cildren to Government scools.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you . Correction has been done. Right to education is in the agenda of the government.

There are two aspects of an order of a judge or judges .The order and obiter dicta.In the latter part,he or they just voice their thoughts which never form part of the main order. Here the judge must have been venting his frustration at shameful state of affairs in the domain of education in India.Nothing more nothing less!
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

The citizens have a right not to receive free education and chose better education for their children. Government has to act as an enabler also not always a provider.

The government should not only introduce a law but it should also see it is effectively implemented.

chinmoymukherjee wrote:There are two aspects of an order of a judge or judges .The order and obiter dicta.In the latter part,he or they just voice their thoughts which never form part of the main order. Here the judge must have been venting his frustration at shameful state of affairs in the domain of education in India.Nothing more nothing less!

I too feel the same , that the judge was venting out his frustrations although I see his point ! Some of the schools are run from a shed in villages and have no bathrooms and if the teachers want to get transferred to a city school can one blame them ? The education system has suffered like all other sectors, in fact has worsened because of thorough neglect over the years .You see most private schools are run by either the netas or their relatives which leaves them very little time to pay attention to Government run schools that come within their own constituency !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

i feel the judge was outraged seeing the sorry state of affairs in the education system for decades lying un cared and and unheeded . This is the reason for his frustration. I feel he is justified in his verdict.

chinmoymukherjee wrote:There are two aspects of an order of a judge or judges .The order and obiter dicta.In the latter part,he or they just voice their thoughts which never form part of the main order. Here the judge must have been venting his frustration at shameful state of affairs in the domain of education in India.Nothing more nothing less!
I agree. Judge must be expressing his disgust. I rermember that once a Judge in Jaipur High Court while sentencing a woman to death directed that she be hanged publicly in Sports Stadium. As the judgment was more sentimental than legal, this got set aside.  The public servants also have democratic righ to decide how and in which school their children should study. I wonder if some day an order is issued that public servants buy clothes only from Gandhi Ashram and if there is no prohibition in state, buy only country liquer instead of Scotch whiskey. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Ahaha... quite a convincing explanation. In the present case, the judge of Allahabad court was so frustrated seeing the deplorable conditions prevailing in the Government schools, vented his frustration and disgust. After all A Judge is also a human.

Usha

Education is not an ordinary commodity to be handed over to agencies of market forces.In fact,we have been witnessing commodification of the worst kind in recent times.Unfortunately some leftists intellectuals who write weepy articles ruing it now conveniently forget that the worst commodification was ushered in Bengal by no other than late Jyoti Basu and his successors creating  almost a vertical divide.Recently I have come across a report that a top excise functionary was conspiring to release duty drawback worth Rs.300 crores on exports which never took place by a Delhi-based businessman one Gupta who runs a chain of educational institutions in and around Delhi!!!!!

Thank you said by: usha manohar, Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.