Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
chinmoymukherjee wrote:

Usha

Education is not an ordinary commodity to be handed over to agencies of market forces.In fact,we have been witnessing commodification of the worst kind in recent times.Unfortunately some leftists intellectuals who write weepy articles ruing it now conveniently forget that the worst commodification was ushered in Bengal by no other than late Jyoti Basu and his successors creating  almost a vertical divide.Recently I have come across a report that a top excise functionary was conspiring to release duty drawback worth Rs.300 crores on exports which never took place by a Delhi-based businessman one Gupta who runs a chain of educational institutions in and around Delhi!!!!!

It is the same in all states ...In Karnataka , all major private Engineering and Medical Colleges are run and owned by Politicians, some of who are ministers now.There have been many scandals about the home minister and others and all of them are involved in some unlawful activity or the other !

http://talkmag.in/cms/news/politics/item/1645-skeletons-in-the-cabinet

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Our Politicians are double talkers. They speak at the top of their voices to improve the conditions of the Government schools and send their wards to corporate A/ C schools. There always remains the gap between what they say and what they do. Hypocrites all.

The quality of the product or service depends on the standard of the end user. Central schools are government run and are successfully running all over the country. The main reason is that the children of aware defence personnel are studying among others. They will protest if quality goes down, But municipal schools are used by the poor who have no voice and no choice. forget [politicians how many middle class citizens will send their children to these schools?

All are the citizens of this country. Irrespective of the economic status everybody wants to have quality education government owned or private owned.

So what is your suggestion?

My suggestion is our politicians by sending their children to these government schools they can have a true perspective of the state of affairs prevailing now. It will help, I hope will find a solution to improve the condition of Government schools.

In the process they will spoil their children's career. The suggestion is impractical. some better solution?

It is my BEST solution. Now over to you.

You have supported the views of a judge. My suggestion is to create better employment opportunities for weaker sections and increase their purchasing power and give them a financial strength which will give them a voice and respect. It will lead to their children affording getting better edcucation

I welcome your suggestion.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.