Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Divya wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Actually it is not a survey. Union Law Minister has said, the Center's affidavit on the Triple Talaq issue that was heard in the Supreme Court was based on the principles of assuring gender justice, gender equality and dignity. Triple Talaq is a Draconian Law and it should be scrapped.

The link to the news item you posted is clearly referencing a survey which 4k+ Muslim women hv taken up. And yes there are few efforts being taken up to remove triple talaq... But all are mere proposals now... 

OK. Even if it is a survey, how it makes a difference ? A movement started to stop the Draconian Triple Talaq. Any constructive work starts first with a proposal. Triple Talaq system deeply rooted since many years. It takes time to Uproot such evil from the Society. Let's wait and watch.

People talk of evolution and slow change. Sometimes one cannot wait for eternity for things to evolve. That's why we have a revolution like the French revolution 1789. In case of Muslim law a revolution is needed. It HAS to be done.

Things will not happen overnight. It should be remembered that a Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

What we need to realize is that for any Muslim, religion supersedes everything else since their religious leaders have a tight hold on them with their own personal laws . Now the clergy and the smaller groups have all cone together against the UCC which also includes triple talaq .it will not be easy to convince them since there is no logic behind their thinking as it is with most religious beliefs ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

What we need to realize is that for any Muslim, religion supersedes everything else since their religious leaders have a tight hold on them with their own personal laws . Now the clergy and the smaller groups have all cone together against the UCC which also includes triple talaq .it will not be easy to convince them since there is no logic behind their thinking as it is with most religious beliefs ..

True...bringing a uniform civil code and doing away with the triple talaq will put a little bit more control in the hands of Muslim women who sorely need change in their lives. It is a very few lucky ones who get freedom in their lives and bringing this particular change will certainly help the major downtrodden women. It is for this sole reason that all the powermongers in the community have come together opposing the UCC. But it is a crucial time and the government should not back down in any case. 

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

True...bringing a uniform civil code and doing away with the triple talaq will put a little bit more control in the hands of Muslim women who sorely need change in their lives. It is a very few lucky ones who get freedom in their lives and bringing this particular change will certainly help the major downtrodden women. It is for this sole reason that all the powermongers in the community have come together opposing the UCC. But it is a crucial time and the government should not back down in any case. 

Kalyani, there are many discussions and seminars being organized by ABVP and other groups on this subject to.bring in awareness and consensus among the educated people and students. The government has the larger role of bringing together various political parties which is far more difficult, in my opinion..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Triple divorce is like a play, I personally think that it shouldn't be happen any more.

sdfafa

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Kalyani, there are many discussions and seminars being organized by ABVP and other groups on this subject to.bring in awareness and consensus among the educated people and students. The government has the larger role of bringing together various political parties which is far more difficult, in my opinion..

Yes I agree, it is more difficult to bring the political parties together on a common page, going by the debates that are happening, we can clearly see that they are the ones who are being bull headed and so many supposedly intelligent people, as is evident from certain members here, are linking the talaq issue with Hindu fanaticism, when in reality it will only help emancipate and liberate Muslim women. Probably these intellectuals do not want the Muslim community to be more liberal and open as it will diminish the vote bank of their favorite corrupt party!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani

Islam is a man's religion and women have no place. Taslima Sharif, the Bangladesh writer has called for the revision of the Islamic holy books and she has also stated that Islam is not a religion of peace. The only way any change can be brought is by force and it has been done only in Turkey. Even in the west, the Sharia is not allowed. So the same thing should be done in India, but Nehru and party dragged their feet on this matter.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Yes I agree, it is more difficult to bring the political parties together on a common page, going by the debates that are happening, we can clearly see that they are the ones who are being bull headed and so many supposedly intelligent people, as is evident from certain members here, are linking the talaq issue with Hindu fanaticism, when in reality it will only help emancipate and liberate Muslim women. Probably these intellectuals do not want the Muslim community to be more liberal and open as it will diminish the vote bank of their favorite corrupt party!

I have ridden horse for 25 years and they can only be propelled forward by the crop and spurs. The same is needed in case one wants to integrate Islam in India otherwise wait and before this century is finished another division is on the cards. Its a good thought that I wont be alive then.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.