We are having yet another Trade union strike and a nationwide Bandh today ..this is in protest against the labor reforms proposed by the central government ..Schools and colleges in my town are closed because there are no public transports and Rickshaws are off the road...How is it in your town?

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/live-trade-unions-call-for-nationwide-bandh-key-services-to-take-a-hit/

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I know. Having known about the authenticity of our press, I just finished a survey around the city, Vizag to see how true it's and to verify the facts. Here are my observations.

The entire Transport system is in full swing. Autos and APSRTC buses are running  as usual. All the school Buses are running. Overall conditions are normal and i'm hearing the same from the districts.

So, it is not working everywhere ...Having an NDA ally is probably the reason.But here we have Congress government so we see that the bandh is successful because the state is giving support !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In my place all shops are closed.  Vehicles are off from the road. No pollution. Nature is fasting for a day, without having any polluted intakes. As usual, like in every Bandhs, people are celebrating a midweek holiday with gusto.

West Bengal seems to be facing the worse effects according to what I see on the TV channels ,,,there is violence and lathi charge by the police to disperse the mobs. In my own stae since traffic has been hit with Buses, autos and taxis going off the road people are forced to stay at home..

And children playing cricket and Kabaddi on the empty roads perhaps. Here in Vizag, its a different scenario,. All roads are filled with milling crowds and Business is going briskly. But our Press is making lot of noise saying that Roads wear a desrted look.

But certain things have come to a standstill because Trucks are not plying anywhere , nor are the autos and Taxis which is all over the country...Here in Karnataka even the KSRTC buses are not plying which means they dont go to other neighboring states as well..

The strike is stronger where the organized trade unuons affiliated to INTUC, AITUC, CITU are strong.  I came as usual to my office in Sanjay Place Agra by sharing auto. There appeared no affect of strike in city. But Sanjay Place is commercial center and most banks are also here. So, there is strike in insurance, banking and other offices. I think that strike also would have affected the industrial area where factories are situated.  Some of the changes in labor law are no doubt anti worker and so the employees are unhgappy about that. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

True in certain places. But not in all the places. Here in Vizag and neighboring districts The Bandh is  partially successful. I'm sure, depending on a particular channel's affiliation to the Ruling party or otherwise, the news wears different colors. But what I said about Vizag is my own personal observation. Additionally I heard that there are internal conflicts in the Trade unions and most of them are participating unwillingly.

This is not the first time i experienced such distorted news.

Slowly Bandh is spreading to many places according to news reports ...as for the validity of this Bandh it is unclear since it seems to be a way of stopping any development in the country as usual !

http://zeenews.india.com/live-updates/trade-unions-observe-bharat-bandh-1666056

rambabu wrote:

True in certain places. But not in all the places. Here in Vizag and neighboring districts The Bandh is  partially successful. I'm sure, depending on a particular channel's affiliation to the Ruling party or otherwise, the news wears different colors. But what I said about Vizag is my own personal observation. Additionally I heard that there are internal conflicts in the Trade unions and most of them are participating unwillingly.

This is not the first time i experienced such distorted news.

I have also narrated my personal experience. In fact, there are no industrial are commercial units on my way to office. The transport system is not affected. The industrial areas are in Nunhai and Sikandara- on the national High way between Delhi and Kanpur. No doubt, the industrial areas must be affected. I shall get the news in afternoon daily papers. The banks/ insurance located in Sanjay Place are affected, which I personally noticed. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.