The One Rank One Pension scheme for armed forces was scrapped by Mrs Indira Gandhi in 1973. Since then the armed forces have been demanding for it to be restored.Now with some changes the OROP has become a reality which will help many war widows and armed personnel . There may be some minor hitches which would be gradually solved but the major hurdles have been crossed . 

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India/Govt-to-announce-One-Rank-One-Pension-today/liveblog/48834531.cms

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It is a mixed response. There are as many voices of satisfaction as dissatisfaction. Rajyavardhan Rathore  assures over a period bottlenecks like Voluntary retirement will be sorted out. As far as I'm concerned, I'm happy. Because at least, the dead issue has come alive. .

I was watching the announcement and the immediate reactions of the armed men and most of them are very happy with the outcome but there a few , a minority who are pushing for more which is but natural...However, it is a landmark settlement especially since they have been fighting for this since 42 years ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes. I agree.  ex service men it seems are determined to continue their agitation. But the minister assured them to tie up the lose ends for which a fraction of ex service men are agitating.

Usha Manohar says that only minority of the ex servicemen are not happy with the OROP annoinced. This is correct. But the reason is that the minority are those retired voluntarily. They have been kept out of the scheme. I think they should also not be deprived of the benefit.  The idea of one rank one pension is that there should be equal pension ofr same rank with equal service.  So somebody having retired volunatrily has lesser service. Why should some other person retiring later with same length of service and in same rank fet more? 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

It has already been approved by the Government, PM Modi had made the announcement just now, so they will cover all other matters as well since the Modi government is committed to the cause of the nation especially that of Armed forcees , who have been receiving a raw deal until now !

Yes PM Modi in his speech has also said that any other issues that are there can be resolved through dialouge...

Any way you look at it, OROP is a daring step. The party that kept this in the deep freeze says. It's a betrayal. Amit Shah counters, Historic move boosts the morale of the armed forces. Now the war of words started.

Naturally, they will say anything and everything now, just to pick holes ...That is to be expected from the grand old party which has nothing better to do

Naturally, they will say anything and everything now, just to pick holes ...That is to be expected from the grand old party which has nothing better to do

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.