Debutante director Chaitanya Tamhane's film will now represent the country in the Best Foreign Film category at the Academy Awards. The winner will be announced in February.

Let's all wish Chatanya Tamhane a grand success.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/Marathi-film-Court-is-Indias-entry-for-Oscars/articleshow/49075925.cms

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

plus1.png

plus1.pngIts truly a great and touching movie worth the entry to Oscars. All the best to the director and the cast of the movie.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I hope, at least this time the Movie Court wins the coveted Oscar, which has been evading India.

I wish Chaitanya Tamhane and India good luck.

Best wishes to the team...Would love to see the film .

It has been proved once again that regional movies with good content and ground reality are better films, even though they may not entertain as much as the Bollywood movies do.

True. Regional movies are well made in all respects. Realism takes the pride of place. I still remember "Shantata Court Chalu Aahe "

rambabu wrote:

True. Regional movies are well made in all respects. Realism takes the pride of place. I still remember "Shantata Court Chalu Aahe "

That was one iconic movie which is liked and applauded by film lovers even today. There were other really good films too made recently such as Shwaas, Sukhant etc. but did not do much on the box office.

I agree that regional films are as good or actually even better than Hindi films ...It is good to see a Marathi film being selected for Oscars entry level. Let us hope it wins in the final rounds too... 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Very true. Honest and sincere movie makers give a shape to their beliefs and thoughts. Many Bengali movies made by legends like Ritwick Ghatak never succeeded at the Box office. What all they earned is acclaim, appreciation. In this process, these film makers never care for Box office hits.

I had no idea about it but after learning the fact from this thread I feel it's a great news. There are so many languages and if for Oscar, the Hindi movies remain the only choice then it will be not fair in context to regional languages. Many good films are made in regional languages so they deserve proper encouragement and opportunity. Congratulations to the team and all the best for the final judgement.   

shampasaid

Shampa, the committee for nominating for the best foreign film category,do not show any discrimination  towards a particular language. Earlier many regional films were nominated for Oscars.

India has sent over forty films to the competition. Most of India's submissions were in Hindi and Tamil were submitted by the committee on eight occasions. Three submissions were made in Marathi, two each in Bengali  and Malayalam; only one film was in Telugu and Gujarati. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.