On the occasion of Mahatma Gandhi's Jayanti, the Apostle of Ahimsa, let's know about some interesting facts about him.

http://www.storypick.com/mahatma-gandhi-facts/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Very interesting facts about Mahatma Gandhi, especially his letter to Hitler and his decision to dissolve Congress party a day before he died ! thought provoking I must say ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Very interesting. I was amazed to see his walking habit and the matters related with his brisk walking Especiailly

Mahatma Gandhi walked/traveled almost 18 kilometers a day throughout his lifetime which is enough to walk around the world twice over

On this day I am poignantly reminded of how far we are removed from his cherished ideals.It is just not deadly conflicts and discord among nations,violence has become the creed even at the levels of families.Just two days back a man was lynched by an insane mob who did not care to know

if he was eating beef or goat's meat and the head of our country who does not even spare the 'Damad' of the oppositon leader on a foreign soil is deafeningly silent on this barbaric episode! Very sickening and dangerous times,indeed! We have no moral to take Gandhiji's name,let us forget Him!!

Thank you said by: vijay

Incidentally today is also the birth anniversary of Lal Bahadur Shastri, who was one of the most committed and honest leaders of our country but sadly not many remember him today except the twitter crowd !

https://twitter.com/search?q=lal+bahadur+shastri&ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Esearch

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

True. Shastriji though small in his appearance  was a  brave heart who drove Pakistan up to the Borders of Lahore. I agree with your view who roared, "Jai Jawan Jai Kisan" unfortunately is less remembered.

Today is birthday of father of Nation Gandhi ji and Late P.M. Lal Bahadur Shastri.  Mahatama Gandhi attained goal of independence through non violence and cooperation which is so unique.   Shastriji gave slogan- Jai Jawan Jai Kissan, that emphasized need for boosting agriculture and defence. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

rambabu wrote:

True. Shastriji though small in his appearance  was a  brave heart who drove Pakistan up to the Borders of Lahore. I agree with your view who roared, "Jai Jawan Jai Kisan" unfortunately is less remembered.

There are many things about Shastri that make him a tall leader ..Coming from a family of teachers he gave his all including his life to the nation !!!

http://www.primepoint.in/2014/02/lal-bahadur-shastri-forgotten-indian.html

True. His honesty and simplicity are well known. I remember his resignation from the minister ship when he was the Railway minister and he took the whole responsibility for a Rail accident. How many such ministers who believe in amassing their wealth now can dare to to resign from such a lucrative minister ship, these days. ?

Fortunately , i have seen in some states including AP paying homage to Shastri Ji also along with Gandhiji.

Gandhiji and Shastri are remembered on their birthdays in a routine manner.  Their teachings are long forgotten. I had the good fortune of seeing Shastriji a few months after 1965 war and still remember the thrill I felt at seeing him from so near and the wildly cheering crowd that greeted  him. Today crowds have to be paid to attend meetings.

The fact is India is very unfortunate. We pay tribute just as a routine and no one cares about the legacy they left for us and we need to take it forward in the way it was created. We are so selfish nowadays that it has become difficult for us to pay them true respect by following the path shown by them. Barbaric act has become a norm of this country and we are not ashamed of it. Actually when we pay routine homage, we are insulting these great personalities. 

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.