Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
vijay wrote:

Gandhiji and Shastri are remembered on their birthdays in a routine manner.  Their teachings are long forgotten. I had the good fortune of seeing Shastriji a few months after 1965 war and still remember the thrill I felt at seeing him from so near and the wildly cheering crowd that greeted  him. Today crowds have to be paid to attend meetings.

Lucky you. Very few have got such an opportunity to see a leader of such a stature like Shastriji. Gandhiji was forgotten even when he was alive. What to speak of now

A day to remember the two great leaders of the nation. A day also for  looking back at the struggle,  contributions and sacrifice of such leaders In nation building. This should also be a day for introspection to check If we have really done our bit In whatever way possible to make India what Gandhiji and Shastri ji had dreamt of!

Well said.  We have to ponder on this day how these great souls saved the Nation and its sanctity and made the world look towards India towards and made us proud in the World community. And certainly its the time for introspection. for every citizen of this country and direct all our endeavors to walk in the path set by both Gandhijii, Shastriji.

Our problems with greats basically stem from the fact that we lift them to pedestals, deify them to heap all insults and disrespect with hypocrisy and worse with total insincerity. How many who lined up at Rajghat or routinely make a beeline at it,have an iota of faith in Gandhiji's ideology and philosophy!

Along with Mahatma Gandhi and Lal Bahadur Shastri, yesterday was also the birthday of popular actress Asha Parekh, one of my favorite actresses of yesteryears yum.png , When a music channel played her songs continuously showing a birthday greeting I realised it..

asha parekh

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: rambabu
usha manohar wrote:

Along with Mahatma Gandhi and Lal Bahadur Shastri, yesterday was also the birthday of popular actress Asha Parekh, one of my favorite actresses of yesteryears yum.png , When a music channel played her songs continuously showing a birthday greeting I realised it..

asha parekh

Thank you for the new addition. There may be some other cases of celebrities, whose Birthday falls on the same date of birth of Gandhiji and Shastriji on  October2

Mahatma Gandhi the freedom fighter of India ,his ideas are till now in our mind of every citizen of India ,most of the people till now follow the path of non-violence and will be following in the future also.  

bhuyali saroj

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.