The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Not only unplanned development but encroachment at mass scales and government machinery's failure to curve them for personal interest is one of the main reasons for such a mass suffering in almost all Indian cities and towns.  

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I agree. Corruption in higher levels is one of the many reasons for this disaster in Chennai. Government authorities have displayed an apparent lack of interest letting it simmer for too long.

But, The people of Chennai are fighting back by using whatever means necessary to get through the tragedy. Through social websites people are getting unprecedented funds. Governments of Karnataka, AP, Telangana and Odisha declared their willingness to render all possible help. In AP a Telugu news channel  collecting funds from many Telugu Movie actors and Industrial organizations.

Indian cities are planned by builders who have a pathological hatred for open spaces. The civic officials have lost the will to plan parks, clean drains, lay storm water pipelines. All these are strange words for them. The politicians are their advisors, the builders are their providers and the citizens are at their receiving end. Does not matter which type of ideology is ruling.

If the politicians are the advisers to the Town planners, and instructed them  to clog the drains, these politicians signed their own death warrant.

The real reason for this deluge is the Corporation of Chennai ignored the IMD's warnings that severe rains are going to hit Chennai. Instead the Corporation Authorities said, The deluge is act of God.

The Chennai Corporation did not warn the people as was done during Hudhud disaster. The Chennai disaster is purely a case of Human error.

For AmmaDMK bigger threat is KarunaDMk. So the flood threat got drowned.

Situation is serious in Chennai. Peoples of Chennai is helping each other in very good manner. They show and proved that in time of crises we  are one. Peoples are offering food and shelters.

anil wrote:

Situation is serious in Chennai. Peoples of Chennai is helping each other in very good manner. They show and proved that in time of crises we  are one. Peoples are offering food and shelters.

I agree with you. Chennai has shown the world how people should behave during a crisis.Additionally, entire world has come forward to help the Chennai people in all respects.

Both DMK and AIADMK have been in power for almost equal number of years and both have made a mess of the city during their respective rules.Jayalalitha may be a little better than Karunanidhi in some respects but it is impossible to undo what was done before so nature has taken its course ..Now they will have to take steps or else more such calamities are in store for them..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The situation arise due to the growth of building around the water bodies like rivers, lakes, ponds. Yesterday I was watching a T.V. report which was saying that many multi-storied buildings were build near river bank, and the number of ponds in the state has been reduced as some buildings were made on the place on ponds and lakes.

http://www.comparenshop.in

In floods also propaganda conscious AIADMK has printed photo of their AMMA on each drinking water bottle distributed to the hapless flood victims of Chennai. This morning it was shown how Ministers and Officials addressed a press meeting and every one started with how AMMA controlled the situation. It seems in  Tami lNadu God failed and AMMA saved. Who is bothered if ponds have vanished and natural water ways are built upon. Gathering votes for Amma is the sole purpose of the officials and ministers even in times of calamities.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.